Out of the mouths of babes.......

Options
theresak
theresak Member Posts: 1,998
edited 22. Feb 2015, 13:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
We've been in York all day looking after our two grandsons. Both had some holiday homework to finish, so we 'supervised.' Jacob, 10, was happily tapping away on the computer, tracing the voyages of Sir Francis Drake - he knew far more about the computer than me.

Ethan, 8 yesterday, was completing a piece of work about a family meal, in preparation for his First Holy Communion. Having accompanied the work with a picture, he said " You can tell which ones are you and Grandad 'cos I've coloured your hair grey." I pretended to be sad, whereupon I was told, "You're still well cool, even if you're old.'

There may have been a compliment in there somewhere.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh definitely a compliment, even if a back-handed one :lol: I think 'well cool' is possibly as good as it gets when you're 8. And also remember that, when you're 8, 30 is ancient :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    You cant have a better compliment than "well cool."
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww bless I never get told I'm cool from my GC they do say I'm wacky, not sure if this is a compliment...would love to be cool :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Aw Theresa :)

It was a compliment definitely :jheart:
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Definitely a compliment.
    Reminds me of one of my Mum's stories about me as a young child. My Mum was 43 when I was born and when I started school was rather self conscious about this. It didn't help at my first parents day when there was a display of paintings of Mothers. She was looking at mine of her, with grey hair and lots of winkles and was not that impressed when the teacher praised it saying it showed I was very bright as it had so much detail in it!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Awww bless definitely a compliment Theresa xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    When they reach their teens I may have to learn a new language! My two sons, of course, use 'text speak,' and must consider me a dinosaur as I still prefer plain English.