There's pain and then there's arthritic pain.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 23. Feb 2015, 11:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Forget your Poundworld kinda pain (such as stubbing a toe), Lidl and Aldi versions of pain (e.g. a bruise) also scrap your Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda and Morrisons kind (such as a sprained ankle) ditto M&S, Waitrose, Booths and any other higher-end supermarket versions of which one can partake (e.g. toothache). I reckon we're up there with Harvey Nichols, Selfridges and Harrods when it comes to feeling pain.

A strange mood came over me this morning which involved vacuuming lampshades, a very high level of tidying, and I forgot my rule of stopping when you think you can do more. I didn't and now I can't. :lol: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think you are probably correct in your analogy, DD. If we were cars we'd be Rolls Royces, perhaps.

Vacuuming lampshades? Give yourself a gold star and go and put your feet up.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I think I feel a ditty coming on.

Oh Mr Porter, I'm in a fix.
    I meant to go to Poundstretcher
    but landed in Harvey Nick's.
    Take me back to Aldi
    as quickly as you can.
    Oh Mr Porter
    what a silly arthritic I am.

(Feet up, large mug of tea to hand and, next time, listen to that wise woman, DD :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    As per the M&S advert...."this is not just pain, this is arthritis pain" :roll:
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I like this, but can we include Liberty's s being up there with Harrod's etc? As for your exertions today...next timethat feeling comes over you check your temperature first!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's amazing how much brighter the table lamps are since their vacuum and it doesn't take long to do. Our sitting room end of the lounge-diner does not have any ceiling or wall lights, so there are lamps everywhere (seven in total) and the only window is a bay on one side of the room. (Our house has no windows on its back wall whatsoever, apart from two little ones in the hall.) The previous owner painted the walls a lovely shade of tank-camouflage green-grey (possibly a little-known Farrow and Ball hue named Pond Scum) which deeply inhales what little natural daylight there is. We have been debating for more than a year about what to do but we can't agree. I'm all for white just to get rid of it!

I blame the weight loss for this un-natural burst of energy. I am a good few pounds under 14 stone and can move around more easily which has to be a good thing. After another change to my diet I suspect the weight will keep dropping - a good excuse for a shopping trip methinks! :) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    'Pond Scum', eh? How inspiring! We accidentally painted our dining room / office a much brighter yellow than intended but I love it. It's warm and cheery and I feel like I'm in the middle of an egg yolk :lol: It brightens every morning especially the dull ones.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Yes, regular pain is very mundane indeed. I look forward to a good toe stubbing, just to feel the regular sort of pain. You know, the kind that goes away...

Fridge-mold green is a slightly different shade of pond scum :) . I would trade it for the boredom beige which is throughout my house. I would love to repaint if the body would allow.