Smug and self-satisfied

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 23. Feb 2015, 15:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Those terms don't even come close 8) This morning I realised, with horror, that we could be flying out to see our elder son very shortly indeed. So I fished out all the ironing (Some of it in there since our last visit a year ago :oops: ) and determined it wasn't going back in the linen basket even if it stayed on the dining table, looking reproachfully at me, from now 'til then.

I can now report as ironed – three pairs trousers (Two cotton, one summat man-made and the latter taken up with the iron-on stuff) and seven blouses (five cotton, two mixtures). The linen blouse is going back. No way :mrgreen:

I am shattered...and achey everywhere.....and very smug and self-satisfied :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• merri
    merri Member Posts: 190
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    well done on doing it. Cuppa tea and a sit down now?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Well done you SW..its a good feeling to get jobs out the way..especially when they involve holidays...hope you now rest before the next lot...
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Good start to a no doubt very long list of jobs to do before you go. I have to break these things down into bite sized chunks and I find it very annoying. However, I do get there in the end.

I wish you well with your preparations.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Well done on getting it finished, Sticky. I did some ironing this morning too and try to do it little and often.

Meg
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    A good job out of the way, Sticky - I hate the ironing after a couple of weeks away.

Hope you`ve had a nice rest since then.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Aren't they fabulous emotions? I experienced them on Saturday morning because I got so many chores I'd been wanting to do done out of the way (including clearing and sorting two bedroom window sills which hadn't been touched for close on a year :oops: ) The payback wasn't fun but the sense of satisfaction more than made up for that.

I hope you are feeling OK and have had a rest this afternoon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I confess, I rarely iron at all these days despite a preferance for natural fibres. I have three sorts of clothes – ones to go out in, ones for when I'm in but might have to go out and my beloved Sloven Manor clothes – currently ancient jeans, a base layer and a gilet – comfy, non-iron and easily put on and removed. On the whole I aim for the crease removing properties of human body heat. Strong winds are also useful and we get plenty of them.

Thank you all, I had a reasonably easy afternoon and a reasonably easy meal to cook. My beloved always washes up in the evening so I can now settle down and fail doubly, but happily, at University Challenge and Only Connect. A good day, all in all.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Wow! I am impressed. Ironing has never been one of my favourite chores, unlike my Mother who ironed almost everything, though she drew the line at tights, but did iron knickers!

A bit late for you now but I use an aerosol spray, easy iron which contains silicon and really helps.
    When are you off on your travels?
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich