Back after two years

13»

Comments

• barry2013
    barry2013 Member Posts: 151
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Been good in using ice packs and resting in between exercise programs, this morning was a big step forward and got my cycle out for a slow spin around our Park Home Site, less than a mile but it felt good, now resting with an ice pack. Many thanks for all your advice it really does help.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    Well done, Barry. It sounds as if you've got things sorted now on the exercise v resting and icing front. If so, I expect you'll be going from strength to strength and deservedly so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barry2013
    barry2013 Member Posts: 151
    Saw my surgeon for the last time last Wednesday, and he is very pleased with my progress, told me to start living a full life once again, walking stick handed back. It's a great feeling and I owe a Hugh thank you to everyone on here who has given me their advice and support, you do an amazing job. :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    Great news, Barry :D You put in all the hard work (and, for you, one of the really hard bits was resting :roll: ) and deserve your success.

Now get on that bike of yours but be sensible about it. I hope this one is every bit as good as the other.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Found for duckling.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben