living with

Options
ANN39
ANN39 Member Posts: 11
edited 6. Mar 2015, 11:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
i have been diagnosed with O/A and R/O I a waiting for ore assesments im in such pain and hardly sleep in the night i have been given morphine and tramadol plus paracetamol and iburaphen 8 a day each is this a good idea ?

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi. .
    Sounds like you are having a horrid time hun.
    This really should be in the 'living with arthritis' section. You will probably get more helpful advice there. Don't worry, I'm sure one of the moderators will do that for you. This section is for more of a chit chat kind of thing.

Sounds like quite a concoction of meds you're taking :shock: but I'm not a doctor so wouldn't really want to comment. I'm also on a lot of meds for the pain. . We are all different though.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Once this thread has been moved though, you should get more replies.

Nice to meet you but sorry that you've had to find us in the first place. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Ann, only you and your GP together can decide what is best for you. We are all different. Why not give our helpline people a ring? It might help to talk it over with someone who understands what you're going through.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hi Ann, sorry you are having such a bad time. The meds you have been given are painkillers - strong ones - and an anti-inflammatory. When you have your assessment hopefully a plan of treatment will be agreed.

As SW has said, we all react differently to our medication. I use tramadol when pain is severe, but have only had morphine post - surgery.
  • ANN39
    ANN39 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    thankyou all new to al t his sorry
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    No apology needed Ann :)

Have moved this thread as agreed.
    Mod B
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    As Mod B has said, you have nothing to apologise for, Ann. We're just glad you found us because arthritis of any kind is an unpleasant disease and at least here we can share our stories and information.

How long have you had it? And what are you being assessed for?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Ladybrown
    Ladybrown Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Hi Ann
    Welcome and I hope you find a medication arrangement which suits you. I've had a few conversations with my GP because I've been worried about taking lots of strong pain-killers but he always tells me that I'd take insulin if I was diabetic! I found that getting used to taking enough to stop the pain taking hold has helped a lot but as the others say only trying things and keeping in touch with your GP will help you to find the right route for you.
    Best of luck and welcome
    Fay (OA only, lucky me)