Mini cooker/halogen oven/combination microwave?

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 8. Mar 2015, 15:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm starting to look at what to use my back dated PIP for, some of it is likely to go on a suitable armchair but as I find it hard to use my oven I thought it might be useful to invest in one of the options above. I have a very small kitchen and unless I buy a combination microwave it is likely to be sited under a cupboard though with plenty of space to the sides. I have looked on the usual sites and there are the three options above. I just wondered if anyone here has used any of them and what they would recommend.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I really can't comment on this as I just have a very basic oven and ditto microwave.

What my eyes jumped at though was your mention of getting 'a suitable armchair'. An OT would advise on what constituted suitable for you. We used to have a local disability shop and they'd bring possibilities for you to try but I recall the man telling me some of the things needed were that, when sitting comfortably upright, ones feet should reach the floor with ones bottom right at the back and it shouldn't be so wide (The sdeast, not the bottom) that one is encouraged to slouch about. All this and I have no real back problems so, as you have, I'd get some good advice before buying.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Re a suitable armchair I have got an appointment booked with a private OT and one of the things I want to discuss is a chair.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Sorry Slosh, can't help re the cooker - we are just about to replace our oven & hob, but it will be more or less like for like, ie without the latest gadgetry.

Good luck with the chair.
  • Cate
    Cate Member Posts: 280
    Options
    I have a halogen oven, and it's perfect for all my needs. In fact, I only use my big oven when my family are home. It cooks meat/poultry better than anything I've ever used, and does gorgeous roasties and your veg of choice, all at the same time. Bakes too, but I haven't tried that yet......I'm trying to lose weight!

There is a great online forum - isn't there always? - for users, with great recipes and tips......Cate.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Glad you have posted this slosh I was wounder about the halogen ovens...so glad to see that Cate has posted about hers... hope you get sorted soon...
    Love
    Barbara