myofascial pain

Options
nonaproxin
nonaproxin Member Posts: 53
edited 12. Mar 2015, 06:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all ,

Just been reading some letters from the Hospital...It's amazing how you have to request these letters in order to actually find out what might be wrong with you.....Anyway...myofascial pain could well be one of my problems according to physio..I have suffered with constant pain for years in my back...And it's not getting any better ...both cervical and lumber spine affected...I actually had a severe muscle spasm attack during an acupuncture session the other month..And the Nurse was really suprised at how much pain I WAS IN....I have been telling GP'S and anyone else who appears to be listening ..for years..about these spasms....

Anyone else got the "same label" ...anything you can advise regarding self help....the anti inflamms are off limits after GI bleeds and major stomach op
so cannot go down that route....I have Osteoarthritis "of an underlying nature" whatever that means ..as well as damaged L4-L5 root nerve..constant sciatica for three years.....Had one big toe pinned..awaiting further treatment of other foot..bilateral condition.....I just feel as though no one really wants to sit me down and say...this it what you have..and that is why you get ABC symptoms...Doctors talk about you ...but not to you....very very annoying ...And unhelpful...
Eddy

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I am so sorry to read this post but I can understand the frustration you are feeling because I have experienced the same. I wont' bore you with the details but once I was 'labelled' nothing changed because I was already on the appropriate meds (which I could take). This must be harder for you.

I am rarely copied in to medical letters because they are written in 'Medicalese' which I don't speak so I don't see the point. My view is that the docs know the theory but I live with the reality so I ensure they know what is what with me. It would seem that you have a number of issues going on but there is no 'umbrella' term for them - I don't know what else to say, I apologise. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I, too, never ask to be copied in to letters. If there's a problem my GPs are very good at contacting me and asking me to make an appointment. If there's no problem I don't much care :lol: Having said that, I find some hospitals automatically send reports which, if I want to understand, I often have to ask my GP to interpret.

As I understand it, myofascial pain is a type of fibromyalgia and you clearly have osteo too. It's a pity you can't take anti-inflamms. Many of us are in the same boat. Unfortunately, I think with both OA and fibro it's a matter of dealing with the symptoms and having surgery when stuff gets really bad.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I always ask for copy's of letters..just in case my GP dosen't pick up on something..and I take some of them to other appointments, and they are very grateful, save them trailing through the comp ..like you I have the back probs and sciatic pain,and have had the spasms but not for a while , thank goodness..I agree that we dont always get told what is actually going on, I hope you can get some clear answers soon and some relief , I take pregabalin for mine..not sure if you have been offered it ..
    Love
    Barbara