Testing to destruction part 2

Options
daffy2
daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
edited 16. Mar 2015, 15:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
It would appear that my subconscious didn't think that testing cranial impact resistance was enough. Yesterday I managed to lose balance as I turned round and engaged in intimate contact with the concrete drive. I'm assuming(once again) that nothing's broken as it's all moving, so the OP test is passed, but the OA has submitted a checklist of problems....
Ah well, on the plus side I was wearing thick clothes for gardening( a felted man's jumper is good protection) and my head didn't make contact with either the drive or the adjacent scaffold poles.
Not good timing, as I'm still up to my eyes in things and am now also back at work as the season has started.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, daffy2, that sounds nasty. It is so easy to take a tumble, one moment's lack of concentration or vigilance and that's it, we're a goner. :( I am pleased that everything is working as it should, and I hope you are feeling OK within yourself, because these things are a martini experience - we can be shaken stirred or both. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    At least this time the damage(apart from gravel scabs on my hand) is out of sight. Doing Mother's Day festivities with two black eyes wouldn't have been as acceptable as at Halloween.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I guess it's all a question of timing, daffy :wink:

I, too, am pleased no permanent damage seem to have been done. It's all too easy to , briefly, lose concentration.

My own undoing came immediately after agreeing to take part in a long survey on falls among the 'elderly' (despite being far too young, of course. I explained I never fell because I always had to be so careful where I placed my feet. Guess who went A over T immediately afterwards?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I'm glad you escaped without any too serious injuries. The main problem when I take a tumble is that I can't get up without help.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    How are things today, daffy? I presume you are starting to do your impression of a rainbow?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope you are not feeling too bad daffy and on the road to recovery (((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Like the others just hoping you're not covered in technicolour bruises and aren't suffering too much.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hope your not to black & blue after your face plant and hope there is minimal cuts and scrapes.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Daffy, how are things now? I have been thinking of you and hope that all is as well as possible. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben