Silly I know

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 18. Mar 2015, 07:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
But I am pleased with myself.

Why - what have you done you ask?

Downloaded Chrome internet browser! I was on Explorer 7 - shows how old my laptop is but it works, so why replace it?

I'm also internet shopping (I crawled home three weeks ago and announced to my partner and the neighbourhood I can't get the shopping any more) so set myself up an account with a well known supermarket. This week I even managed to amend the order and do it right! (Mucked it up last week as I didn't go through all the checkout bits when I added a few bits :oops: ). Please remember when laughing and chortling away that until three weeks ago I'd never placed a grocery order online. The third one is on ready for delivery next Thursday (this time without bags). Both deliveries to date I've been brave enough and asked for the shopping to go into the kitchen and onto the worktops.

Next challenge is to find a Bluetooth keyboard for my Cuddle device to make using that easier and get that hooked up to it. This is only a 7" device so the screen is rather small. Being a trained typist, I'm used to using a proper keyboard rather than the tiny one you get on the Cuddle.

Time now to go and play with another devise - it boils water for coffee and is called a kettle.

Take care everyone.
GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,145
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Not silly at all, and no laughing here. :) I've been online grocery shopping for a good few years (having been stupid enough to 'arrange' to move further from the shops, having had them on the doorstep all the time I'd been fit-ish, within a whisker of getting RA) - and I can still cheerfully get myself in a twist amending & whatnot. Including starting a new basket instead of adding to my 'main'. Oh and bothering to search for a product only to find I'm not logged in, and get the 'we may not have that in your store' message. :roll:

So respect to you for getting to grips with it notworth.gifnotworth.gif Good luck with the bluetooth.

Congratulations & welcome to the world of internet shopping. Nb. you might find that stopping is harder than starting... ;)

By the way depending on which well-known supermarket, some of the regular shopper delivery schemes work out very reasonably & have other benefits.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good for you Grace I shop on the net ..I love having it all delivered...like you say there are some good slots in the week...my failing are I don't do metric so really come unstuck with sizes sometimes..hope you find that keyboared then there will be no holding you back :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Not silly at all. It's an achievement and achievements should be celebrated.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Hey don't worry about your lack of experience on the net, I'm reasonably well versed with puters but don't always know what a particular bit of software wants from me, usage is the best cure.