Warm water feeling (?)

Options
charrisse
charrisse Member Posts: 89
edited 17. Mar 2015, 11:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Thankfully my pain which was very bad there for a couple of weeks or so has eased up but I have been having a very strange sensation down the side of my left leg which is the one that gets very numb when my back is bad and it feels like warm water pouring over it. It only lasts for about 5-10 seconds at most and is quite pleasant, which makes a change!
I was wondering if anyone knows what this is and has anyone else had the same experience at all?
All the world is mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd!

Birthday - AUGUST 22nd

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello charrisse
    Its good to hear your pain has eased up, I hope it last for you..I spotted your post right away I have 2 bulging disc and one needs to be operated on..when I was having physio I mentioned the warm trickling water thing and she said its when nerves are triggered..I am not sure but I have had it a few times now ,like you say its quite pleasant... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Like Barbara, I too am pleased that things have eased. I have read about this on here but not experienced it myself, it is to do with nerves but I cannot recall the specifics. It may be wise to mention it to the next health professional you see. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Chris01
    Chris01 Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi Charrise,

Glad to know you have some relief. I wish it stays there for a while. I do get this kind of feeling especially when I lie on my back. My doc said it is all about sensorial neuron disturbance in the nerve endings being out of whack. In my case, it is due to nerve compression in the lumbar region, as I suffer from sciatica. Hope you get some answers soon.

Chris.
  • charrisse
    Options
    The nerve disturbance seems to be correct I would think especially as I do have very bad burning... and I do mean BURNING.. sensation in my left hand just on my little finger. Unfortunately that is not at all pleasant and actually gets so painful at times that it affects my ability to get off to sleep.
    If it's not one thing it's another!?! :cry:

Birthday - AUGUST 22nd
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I reckon this is one of the hardest aspects of living with arthritis - life rumbles on and other conditions may crop up regardless. Again I urge you to mention this to the next medical person you see - it could be nothing but it could be relevant. I know what you mean though, if it's not one thing it's another - being challenged so often becomes unacceptable. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • charrisse
    Options
    Sorry..I should have mentioned that the burning sensation in my finger I had mentioned to my doc and was prescribed amitriptyline which I will only take a half of one on very bad occasions as they do give me the "restless legs" syndrome.
    Today my pain has transferred itself to the area of my very lower back so I've had to resort to regular doses of codeine. I keep putting off taking morphine as that will mean the rest of the day being in a zombie state.. I know that's better than the excruciating pain but I think it's then such a waste of a day. IYKWIM!

Birthday - AUGUST 22nd