Hello everyone

Goochie
Goochie Member Posts: 2
edited 16. Mar 2015, 14:13 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, I was diagnosed with oesteo and inflamatry arthritis 2yrs ago. Was mild but now alot worse. Constant pain/aches/a feeling of sore allover.Do other people feel this? Im about to start on Sulfasalazine. Is anybody else on this? Is it effective and what are the side effects like?

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Goochie and a warm welcome from me

I have had OA for over 5years now..but have some other form but they cant make there minds up...
    Has for the pain mine spread quite quickly once it was diagnosed..sorry I cant help with the meds you are on, but put a post in the living with arthritis part of the forum, it has been a bit quiet lately, think spring is on the way... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Goochie and welcome from me, too. I've also 'done the double' as my RA has led to OA.

I'm surprised you've not been prescribed a DMARD before now. I take methotrexate, not sulphasalazine, but sulph is a good one which works well for a lot of people. You will need to give it several weeks, though, before you'll know if it's helping. Good luck :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums Goochie from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Moderator JK
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have an auto-immune version, in my case psoriatic arthritis (PsA), and sulph was the first drug I was given. I began it in 2002 and the initial side-effect was bruising - to this day I still bruise easily. I have a friend whose PsA is controlled by just four tablets per day but because he was diagnosed far more quickly than me, and he began the med straight away, I think this may account for his success.

Thirteen years on I am still taking it plus other meds, it hasn't worked miracles for me but it can help. Good luck with it and please let us know how you get on. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben