Rheumatology examination abbreviations. What are SABs?

Megrose489
Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
edited 20. Mar 2015, 06:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all. I hope you're all having a good day. Really excited about the eclipse tomorrow and have made my pinhole camera, so I'm all set!

Anyway, I got my copy letter from the rheumatologist this morning and she confirmed that the diagnosis is 'osteoarthritis with secondary fibromyalgia'. I take it that the 'secondary' part means it has been caused by the OA. She detailed the examination she did and, as well as tenderness in hips, knees, chest, tennis elbows, neck and chest, she also found tenderness in 'both SABs'. No wonder I've been feeling under the weather the past few months!

Could anybody hazard a guess as to what SABs are? I do like to understand it all and I have no plans to see my GP in the near future (hopefully!).

Thanks, Meg

Comments

• AnnaMilton
    AnnaMilton Member Posts: 44
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    The shoulder joint is composed of two synovial cavities, one of it named as subacromial bursa (SAB). May be this is what your rheumy meant, just my guess from google knowledge city :P .

Anna.
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Ah! That makes sense. She did press my shoulders. Thank you so much, Anna, mystery solved.

Meg
  • AnnaMilton
    AnnaMilton Member Posts: 44
    You’re welcome sweet lady!! I am glad I could help.