Mine is the one....

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
edited 19. Mar 2015, 12:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
….who blocks an entire aisle with his supermarket trolley

....who then backs away from the shelf, blissfully unaware of the poor soul he's backing into

....who can never extract his card from his wallet but resolutely refuses to use a card wallet

....who finishes paying but then blocks the checkout exit so the next person can't pack until he's put his card, wallet etc away again

....who then sets off again with no glance behind or sideways to determine if he'll be slowing someone else down

....who pushes his trolley straight down the middle of the car park - which is a mortal sin :mrgreen: if he happens to be the driver stuck behind such a trolley rather than the pedestrian pushing it

I apologise. He's from Planet Bloke.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Planet Bloke is a wonderful place to live :D:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Sounds a lot like mine!

Some of them can't open carriers either you know :roll:
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Definitely a man thing - doesn`t matter whether it`s trolleys or cars, mine thinks no-one else but him is fit to drive them, and they should leave the roads/aisles to him alone.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Male supermarket packing when accompanied by an incapacitated female. Take a loaf of bread and, even better, add a packet or two of crisps, crackers or eggs. Place them at the bottom of the carrier bag then pile on the tinned goods, the wine, the tonic water - in fact anything heavy which will crush the delicate goods to smithereens. Then moan when home that the bread is an odd shape, the crisps are crumbs and some eggs have been thrown out thanks to a 'fussy' wife with all that reduced immune system nonsense.

Male supermarket packing without a female. Watch the goods go through the scanner and ignore the fact they are piling up beyond the till. Total submitted then hunt for the wallet. Dither about the cashback option, dither again and then start packing. Very, very slowly because it takes time to decide what to crush and with what.

Me? Stuff on the conveyor in order of weight, heaviest to lightest, then the bank card plus loyalty (if required) to hand. Re-usable bags plumped and ready to go, chat to the operator (female, I like your earrings/bracelet/ring, male, did your team win? (hoping that footy is their sport of choice, if not have another line ready) Rocket science it ain't.

A personal beef is escalators. Why do people sail gaily upwards, disembark and then grind to a halt about two steps away from that little landing platform? If you don't know where you are headed then fine but at least move away to give some of us room to alight and reassemble. A Narked DD.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Our gene that enables us to open carrier bags/bin liners etc was replaced by the much more important gene that enables us to reverse our cars :wink::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Watch it Tony mate you are on dangerous ground :x Mig
  • tjt6768