The vac attacked me.

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
edited 23. Mar 2015, 15:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
The vac is big and heavy and I managed to drop it on my toe which is little (despite being a 'big'toe) and delicate. And, now, black.

"Oh fie! Oh fiddle de dee!" I cried. ( Or words to that effect.)

I don't think it's broken. If it was it'd look straighter. As it is, it's its usual weird shape. There's just more of it. And it has an interesting black stripe across thee joint. And it's taken a dislike to shoes.

I think I'm rather pleased we couldn't manahe to fly out to LA next week.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ouch! That sounds painful. Hope it starts to feel better soon.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Poor toe! And poor SW! Hope it doesn't drive you potty too much.

GraceB

P.S. Is the vac in the bin or has it survived to be used another day?
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    This is why I don't use the vac (it's Mr LVs job). They are savage beasts. I hope the toe calms down, I have visions of it looking like a humbug sweet. I did laugh at the idea of it getting straighter if broken. I didn't laugh at the news you won't be flying off next week. That isn't good to hear :(
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, that sounds very nasty and very painful. Toes are delicate and fragile things no matter how large or small they may be. I suggest some witch hazel, either liquid or gel, to be gently applied to the bruisy bit whenever Mr SW feels kindly disposed. Rest it as much as you can but if things don't improve I suggest a trip to A&E for an Xray. :(

I too am saddened that you cannot go to America just yet - there are a few more months of 2015 left so maybe a jaunt later in the year could be an option? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Not a humbug, LV. More of a Saddleback Pig in negative :lol: ie pink toe with a broad purple stripe across the middle. I think I might christen him Percy. (Has to be a bloke, obviously.)

Fortunately one of my two pairs of shoes went in for stretching a couple of weeks ago and I can manage to get these on.

The USA trip will happen but I'm still awaiting the last scan results and can't get insurance until I have the all-clear.

DD, I don't see the point of A&E. I don't think they do anything with broken toes and anyway I don't think it's broken (although how I'd tell with that joint I don't know. It hasn't moved in years :roll: )
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Oh dear, Sticky - not a nice thing to happen at all. As DD says, witch hazel is great for bruises. I doubt you'd get any more than an X-ray at A&E - they don't strap them these days.

Hope it soon feels less painful & the bruises fade.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    ouch just keep your eye on it..you don't want it taking bad ways...and were have I missed you can't fly to the US...sorry to hear this ...I know you look forward to seeing your family...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I also missed that you couldn't fly out to the US. That's a shame.

Poor little toe. I knew housework was dangerous! They don't always x-ray toes in A&E, although it might be different for the big toe. Keep an eye on it and if it looks wonky, please get it checked out.

xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    We are going to California :D Just not next week. I got the all-clear from my final scan around 2pm and we'd booked by 5pm before the prices went even higher.

Then we skyped to tell son and determine who will sleep where and with whom. This is nowhere near as exciting as it sounds :wink:

I haven't seen the toe since this morning. I presume it's OK, just a tad whingy.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Oooh good news, you jet setter, you. ;)
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hope the toe is not too painful today, and that the bruise is coming out. Great news about you clear scan and flight bookings, something to look forward to.
    :)
    Deb
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope the toe is feeling better today, I am very pleased about your scan results, that is good news you got your flights booked at last it will not be long going in. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Sticky
    I broke my big toe falling of a horse it was put in plaster for 6 weeks.
    it just ached. good luck with your toe.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Joan, that's a much more sensible way of breaking a toe :wink:

My entire toe and much of the foot is now multi-coloured. It's still very swollen but the pain is easier. I'm still glad we're flying out next week, not this.
    Steven Wright