I'm officially a grown up!

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 22. Mar 2015, 13:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
I saw it coming; my friends started to get marriage and I was hearing through the grapevine that my peers were having babies but it didn't feel official. I have 3 best friends who've been by my side since we were kids and today, one of them had a baby....a real live human baby. :o I'm not sure I can continue pretend that I'm still 16 when I'm actually rapidly approaching 27. When did this happen?! I'm sure I only left school the other day and I'm definitely not mature enough to be an "auntie" to a friend's baby. :lol:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sophie I do not know what to say.

I am amazed that at 17 (I am sure I am still 17 :? ) I have two girls of 20 and 17 :shock:

The good news is you don't have to stop wearing jeans :D

EVER!!!!

Go on being an honorary Auntie is one of the best jobs in the world!

Love

Toni xx

Ps your friend will be TERRIFIED and need you too :wink:
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    If it makes you feel better I first became an Auntie when I was 4 and my great -nephew turned 18 this year!
    My sister is 19 years older than me hence the closeness in age between me and my niece and nephew (he's 6 years younger than me).
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    You stay young Sophie, its all in the mind :D ..I am nearly 65.. :shock: and my eldest son is 43..and I still think I am 21... :lol::lol: ask my GC...
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I was an aunt at 12 so dealt with that OK.

I, and most of my friends, sprogged around the same time.

I think one has to be responsible around babies and children (My hearts sinks when parents talk about their child as being 'their best friend'. NO. Please NO) but age is a different thing. I still love having fun with my kids and grandkids and get a real kick out of seeing one daughter-in-law getting as much fun out of the adventure playground as her son.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I was an aunt at 11 and thought I was the bees knees and grew up very close to my nephew, stay forever young!!! Sophie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:

Ps your friend will be TERRIFIED and need you too :wink:

I know, she is really rather freaked out, bless her. I'm going later, armed with presents and food. I was going to take food that can be frozen and/or eaten with minimal mess and preparation, as I suspect she is going to be a very busy bee.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Perfect Sophie

The food will really help.

If you can, give her lost of encouragement too. It's so so tiring being a new Mum :)

It's such a responsibility for her - I hope she has a good partner to help

Love

Toni xx