I'm officially a grown up!

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 22. Mar 2015, 13:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
I saw it coming; my friends started to get marriage and I was hearing through the grapevine that my peers were having babies but it didn't feel official. I have 3 best friends who've been by my side since we were kids and today, one of them had a baby....a real live human baby. :o I'm not sure I can continue pretend that I'm still 16 when I'm actually rapidly approaching 27. When did this happen?! I'm sure I only left school the other day and I'm definitely not mature enough to be an "auntie" to a friend's baby. :lol:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 28,543
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sophie I do not know what to say.

I am amazed that at 17 (I am sure I am still 17 :? ) I have two girls of 20 and 17 :shock:

The good news is you don't have to stop wearing jeans :D

EVER!!!!

Go on being an honorary Auntie is one of the best jobs in the world!

Love

Toni xx

Ps your friend will be TERRIFIED and need you too :wink:
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    If it makes you feel better I first became an Auntie when I was 4 and my great -nephew turned 18 this year!
    My sister is 19 years older than me hence the closeness in age between me and my niece and nephew (he's 6 years younger than me).
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    You stay young Sophie, its all in the mind :D ..I am nearly 65.. :shock: and my eldest son is 43..and I still think I am 21... :lol::lol: ask my GC...
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,429
    I was an aunt at 12 so dealt with that OK.

I, and most of my friends, sprogged around the same time.

I think one has to be responsible around babies and children (My hearts sinks when parents talk about their child as being 'their best friend'. NO. Please NO) but age is a different thing. I still love having fun with my kids and grandkids and get a real kick out of seeing one daughter-in-law getting as much fun out of the adventure playground as her son.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    I was an aunt at 11 and thought I was the bees knees and grew up very close to my nephew, stay forever young!!! Sophie xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    frogmorton wrote:

Ps your friend will be TERRIFIED and need you too :wink:

I know, she is really rather freaked out, bless her. I'm going later, armed with presents and food. I was going to take food that can be frozen and/or eaten with minimal mess and preparation, as I suspect she is going to be a very busy bee.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 28,543
    Perfect Sophie

The food will really help.

If you can, give her lost of encouragement too. It's so so tiring being a new Mum :)

It's such a responsibility for her - I hope she has a good partner to help

Love

Toni xx