Call centre geography lesson

Options
bimble
bimble Member Posts: 42
edited 25. Mar 2015, 12:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've just spent nearly an hour trying to persuade the people on Tescomobile helpline that Anglesey is not in Ireland, neither does it share a border with Ireland. Then a quick geography lesson about Wales being a country not a county! Aaagh!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Surely everybody knows that Anglesey is near the Outer Hebrides. :wink: Ye gods, it beggars belief but I am assuming that their call centre is located in the UK. I have had the odd occasion to ring our broadband provider whose call centre is located somewhere on the Indian sub-continent. Neither party can understand the other despite the common language. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bimble
    bimble Member Posts: 42
    Options
    No,' Sayeed ' told me he's in New Delhi! So then I felt guilty about complaining too much in case he got into trouble! I just suggested his bosses should provide extra training to make his life, those of the other two chatters I'd already tried, (and mine in this case) easier.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    we were asked if Manchester was in London..not really I said..then the reply is it nearby .... :shock: :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Sharon2960
    Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
    Options
    I had to speak to someone a while ago, about insurance for a stone and thatch cottage - the person on the other end said 'what's stone & thatch?' - and she was supposed to be selling the insurance!