Clocks.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 30. Mar 2015, 03:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
On 2am Sunday morning the clocks will go forward: in practice here it means around 9pm on Saturday evening. :wink: In Spring we go forward so we will lose an hour. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We have so many clocks, most will have already been altered by Saturday morning. Although one or two alter themselves. :?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Yes mine will be changed before bed..only once did we forget.. :o many years ago...mind you I thought it was last weekend..till I was told different :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    We usually do ours just before bed on the Saturday night.
    Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    We do ours before bed on Sat night.

Barbara says she thought it was last week end. She nearly had be having a heart attack :lol:
    Told me on Sat that they went forward and I was getting a Coach to go away for a few days at 8.30am Sunday morning. :shock:
    I might have been there too early or too late :lol:

Good job that for once I didn't listen to her :lol:

Sorry Barbara :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • LemonMerigue
    LemonMerigue Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Most of our clocks (phones and computers) tend to just do it automatically. The only ones that ever need adjusting is the cooker and the microwave one. Which I have to do as my partner hasn't a clue how to do them! :roll:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Same here LemonMeringue (Welcome from me :D )

Much easier now a signal does a lot of it for us. Less excuse for those late for work though :lol:

All manual clocks are done by us before bed like everyone else I think ;)

Love

Toni xxx
  • LemonMerigue
    LemonMerigue Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Thank you frogmorton! :)

I remember as a kid always getting the clocks horribly wrong. I'd try to do them all before mum got up (just trying to be helpful!) but would either set them an hour behind or 2 hours ahead and I'd set them all the same time even if it'd taken me half an hour to do it so sometimes the clocks would be 2 and half hours head or behind!

Oops!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Thank you frogmorton! :)

I remember as a kid always getting the clocks horribly wrong. I'd try to do them all before mum got up (just trying to be helpful!) but would either set them an hour behind or 2 hours ahead and I'd set them all the same time even if it'd taken me half an hour to do it so sometimes the clocks would be 2 and half hours head or behind!

Oops!

Bet that went down well :lol:

Good job most people don't work on Sunday ;)

Love

toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I still have the boiler, the immersion and the cooker to do. Beatrice's clock is now telling the right time - I never bother with hers because I don't know how to do it. :oops: Seven months of longer days beckons - hurrah! DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Yup. We forgot the central heating so it was a bit chilly at 7am.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    SW we forgot the central heating as well :lol:

DD I never change Pixies clock either :lol: Last year Peter totally confused me......his was in the garage and he used mine to go somewhere and when I got it back he had changed to clock!!!!!! to the correct time....It took ages to remember not to either add an hour on to it or subtract an hour {cant remember which it was LOL}

He's been told if he borrows it again to leave things as they are LOL.....except the seat and mirrors...he's a lot bigger than I am.
    The other pain is he tends to leave mine in gear.....and we are on a flat driveway!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry gone off topic a bit

Love
    Hileena
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    I had to do mine in the afternoon between rehearsal and concert on Saturday as I knew I was unlikely to remember otherwise and I had to start work on Sunday morning at 8-30.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I have just re-done the boiler. I struggle with it, the central clock face is twelve hours but the outer ring is twenty four - what I thought was two pm on the centre was two am on the outer. Mr DD helpfully pointed out to me this morning that I'd got it wrong but didn't attempt to correct it. :lol: DD