Less use of the forum?

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 7. Apr 2015, 05:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
I get the feeling from looking at the threads and the dates they get answered that less use is made of the forum these days? I can't spend time on the net like I used to so don't visit that often.

A few years ago, if you posted then someone would get back to you straight away and the thread would run its natural path. Are there less arthers around or have they all found a miracle cure? Whats taking them away from here? Have things changed?

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think FB has to take the blame for some of it Airwafe. :ebasket:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I just think its the way things go, the ups and the downs, its the same on another forum I go on..hopefully things will pick up soon :easter-tug: ..
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Airwave you've hit the nail on the head there. Sometimes life is just too busy to post!

KathT has a definite point too facebook is relevant I think as people can do ALL their social networking in one place :(

Perhaps we all need to make more effort???

I have been AWOL a lot the last year with the youngest's leukaemia.

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I think you can be forgiven for not being around that much, Frog, after all you had something a little more urgent to deal with than the worries and fears of strangers, yes?

The forum is undoubtedly quieter but seeing as how we are all poorly people it's hardly surprising. Say Hello continues to be ignored by the majority, as do a couple of other boards. Working Matters and Benefits is useful and informative but only relevant to those who are working and claiming. CC has lost its sparkle and LWA is one long moan-a-thon; that is hardly surprising, though, because we are all living with debilitating and painful conditions. There is also the fact that the majority of the membership is female and we have other things to do such as running families and households. Talking of which, it's time to empty the washer and re-fill, complete the breakfast washing up, make the bed and iron some more of his work shirts. 'Im indoors is healthy and watching sport on the telly. Nice life if you can get it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I see many new posts on LWA every day and they all seem to be adequately answered by the regulars.

Myself,I seem to be either very busy or hit by fatigue nowadays but I do try to read most of the posts, just cannot get my thoughts together to reply.

The cafe is always busy :D

Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I am without a doubt guilty of not supporting like I should :oops:
    For a time I admit I was concentrating on myself. And then I just couldn't get my head back in the game so to speak. . I will try better though.

I don't do bum face book.. can't stand the thing. Nothing but trouble of you ask me..

:D :happy-easter:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I certainly don't post as often on lwa but I do try and support others,I post on cc quite often and in the cafe but I miss the boys from the good old days.Mig :bunnysuit:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Well I miss a lot of the girls from the old days. Some lovely, caring people they were too.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bimble
    bimble Member Posts: 42
    I read the forums most days but don't feel I can usually contribute as I only have OA in thumbs so don't know anything about other types of arthritis and can't offer advice. I often find the topics interesting to read though.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    tkachev wrote:
    Well I miss a lot of the girls from the old days. Some lovely, caring people they were too.

Elizabeth

They were up all night too weren't they Elizabeth??!! We used to have a night owls and early birds thread going!!!

Bimble - even if your arthritis is 'only' in your thumbs you must feel free to contribute. Support is always welcome and pain is pain eastern_basket:

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Succinct and correct, Frog - I like your style. :wink: DD

:happye:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I'm posting less as I don't usually get on here till nearly bedtime. I call in to the cafe first and am usually too tired to look any further. And my eyes aren't too good at the moment so can't stay on long. I try to comment on other threads at the weekend. Other forums I've been on have been the same - up and down.
    Christine
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I think all points are right, I do try and get on here everyday for at least an hour but lately it's been every other day. And I've not been around the last couple of weeks due to not being great with this bloomin flare up!. Also Hospital, G.P & vampire appointments do cut down the time one can spend on here. It's just great to have somewhere you can pop-in to check out how your friends are doing and to chat and catch up. Also for when you need advice or just need to chat to someone who understands what your going through. This place is my sanctuary. :bunny:
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    It's very rare I visit lwa. I only know about my own conditions and don't feel qualified to comment on such things as PSA, OA, or any of the drugs I've never used. Pretty useless really.

:chocolate-bunny:

:easter-tug:

:easter-egg:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Toni,
    I had read about the health problems, hope all is well. I've just given myself a few mins from cutting the grass, the easter bunnies didn't eat it all!

Stay cool.

Its a grin, honest! 8)