¬

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 8. Apr 2015, 10:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have made an appointment to see the Ortho doc to discuss my right THR. I am still having issues with groin pain, and it feels like something is catching. It is very painful and is causing weakness. I struggle getting in and out of the car- needing to lift the leg with 2 hands. I wake at night if I move or turn over due to pain. And walking is getting harder.
I did tell him last time but he said it would improve if I kept up with the physio exercises. Which I do, and it hasn`t! The Arthroplasty nurse said it sounds like the cup of the THR is a bit `proud`, so I will ask again.
My poor Dad is still plodding on with his chemo, next one Friday. But to make things worse he broke his ankle at the weekend so is not very mobile , as it is a bad break and he has to be non weight bearing. He is not good with crutches, so has a zimmer which he is managing with -ish!
I would love some support from you wonderful peeps please, Thursday 4pm.
Thanks and take care all xx
NB

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope you get the answers you need and yes, I will be thinking of you.
    I also hope that your dad is as OK as he can be with his chemo. His ankle situation is not going to make his life easy at the moment, will it?
    Please let us know how you get on.
    Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I like your abstract title, NB, it's rather interesting. :) I hope your Dad is getting on as best he can and I wish you well for your appointment. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Hope all goes well for you and your Dad
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello NB
    I am sorry you are still suffering, its so hard to get this over to them when you have had a joint replaced, they seem to be convinced its not down to the joint..good luck I hope they can help very soon .
    your poor dad...bless has though he hasn't enough on ..I hope all goes well for him from now on...xx
    Love
    Barbara