first time it hurt

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 13. Apr 2015, 06:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Yesterday evening it was the first time my humira injection hurt ,i usually have a hot shower before hand but i had my shower in the morning so don't know if that made a difference,when the next ones due i shall have my shower first and see what happen or it could be just a one off i hope so.Mig

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope the next one is better. I was interested to read your experience. I usually have no problem with my methotrexate injection, but 2 weeks ago it was really sore, quite a sharp pain for a minute or so, and the next day I developed an enormous bruise which is still green and yellow and very noticeable, so assume I managed to catch a small vein in the effort. Happily last weeks was entirely unadventurous so onwards I go, wondering what tomorrow will hold.

Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I don't know where you do your injection or for how long you leave the stuff out of the fridge. I use my stomach alternating the side, sometimes mine hurt or sting for a while after, sometimes they don't sting at all, sometimes I bruise, sometimes I don't. I was going to do mine tomorrow but thanks to rancid sore throat that's off the agenda. I hope you are feeling OK. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I`ve been injecting humira for over seven years now, and still sometimes it stings more than others, and sometimes it comes up in a small lump and bruises. Each time I can`t think of anything I do differently, so I assume it`s just one of those things......
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I usually take the injection out about 30 mins beforehand,its right leg,left leg,right tummy and then left tummy,theres just the tiniest pin prick there now. Mig
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I had a humira injection that caused a sting once when I never had any pain before.. I think it is just a case of hitting a sore part of the skin.
    They advise not to shower within half hour of an injection but I usually leave it a lot longer.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Mig the only injections I have administered to myself were the blood thinners, must say some did hurt and others didn't ..I never did suss why..good luck with the next one..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    I think this is just one of those things, I remember back when I was on humira some weeks it would really hurt and the next it would barley hurt. I do remember that the injections did sting very often, kinda like injecting acid under the skin type of pain, but that would only happen once every so often.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I've always been advised to do mine after a shower whilst my skin is cleanest - it's so odd how we seem to all be given conflicting advice. I was also told to avoid my thighs and just move around my belly (there's plenty of space to move around there :? ). I had horrible stinging pain with every Enbrel shot (foillowed by the crazy reactions), I have had one painful Humira shot but I just left the next one out of the fridge a bit longer and it didn't hurt. When I googled it with the Enbrel (sound medical advice is always gained through google) it seemed that the consensus was that the longer it was out the fridge within the time limits set by the manufacturer, the less likely it would be to sting.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter