avascular necrosis

Options
felix
felix Member Posts: 30
edited 15. Apr 2015, 13:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
when I was a small child I suffered from perthe`s I recently went to see the physio who told me it is now known as avascular necrosis & surgery is often needed much sooner anyone else had this.
“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone "
Carl Sagan.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    If you put 'avascular necrosis' into the pink 'search' box above ( NOT the main search engine) some old threads come up. In addition www.perthes.org.uk has some info.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • OdamL
    OdamL Bots Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, sticky has already offered some help through that link. I have not much knowledge about Perthe’s disease except that it is a paediatric deformity which causes avascular necrosis of femoral head. This means that the blood supply to the femoral head is disrupted causing some of the bone to die. Hope someone more experienced joins the discussion.
    I just wanted to welcome you on board. Hope you find some useful info here; forum has amazing folks always ready to share their experience, knowledge and advice. See you around.

Odam.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry I cant help Felix, but I do hope you get some answers very soon..
    Love
    Barbara