Update on Leflunomide washout - done with a course

Options
Jaclyncollin
Jaclyncollin Bots Posts: 36
edited 19. Apr 2015, 04:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I am done with leflunomide wash out. My doc given me some powder to add in a drink and take it. It was short course of 7 days, instead of regular 11 days (I am glad, it tasted yuk :( !!!). It makes one really exhausted, especially due to diarrhoea. I also lost my hair, I hope it’s temporary. However, I am happy; I can now look forward for my future - Humira :) !!! I am due for my blood work on Friday. So after results doc will decide when to start one. Meanwhile, can anyone share their good or bad experiences on humira, like what to expect, tips for taking shot. Will it be painful?

Jaclyn.

Comments

• As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My personal opinion on the Humira shots is that they do hurt a little while injecting, much like a mild bee sting but the pain only lasts while the liquid is injecting, a small price to pay if the medication works well for you.

I took the drug for around 4 years, it didn't take very long to being working for me and for the time it was working it worked rather well, I only recall a handful of bad flare-ups during those 4 or so years.

I hope it works good for you
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I`ve been injecting humira for almost 7 years now, and only now is it becoming less efficient, so I expect it to be stopped at my next rheumy appointment. It`s been a marvellous drug for me - considerably improving my mobility and quality of life. I had no side effects, and it worked quickly, so I soon saw a difference.

I take it out of the fridge for about 25 mins before using it, and it only stings momentarily.

I hope it works well for you.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Jaclyn its good to hear that that is done with, sorry I cant offer any advice, but I do wish you well on the humira..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Becky88
    Becky88 Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Just wanted to wish you good luck on the Humira. I am pleased that the washout is finished for you. I hope that you feel a bit better soon.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Best of luck from me too and I hope your hair grows back very soon ((()))

Love

Toni xx