Sandals for small feet?

Options
Megrose489
Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
edited 21. Apr 2015, 13:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry, I know there is a thread somewhere about buying comfortable shoes/sandals, but I can't seem to find it. I remember Skechers mentioned and also Crocs, but was there any other brand recommended, please? I'm looking for summer sandals for myself - the sun has come out - but need to have girls' sizes as I only take a 2 - 2 1/2. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Meg

Comments

• bimble
    bimble Member Posts: 42
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There's an article in May's Good Housekeeping magazine re small shoes. Some suggestions were Zara, pretty-small-shoes.com, dpitalia.co.uk, Selfridges.
    Also some designer labels such as Louboutin, YSL and Isabel Marant!!
    My daughter (size3) sometimes gets lucky at outlet shopping centres.
    Don't know if any of these might be any good.
    Good luck!
  • Megrose489
    Options
    Thank you very much for your reply, Bimble. I'll look out for Good Housekeeping. Don't know about the designer shoes, though!

I was thinking particularly about arthritis-friendly shoes. I've got OA in my feet and I have fibromyalgia pain there as well. Hotter Shoes are comfortable, but I have to buy a size 3, have lace-ups and also use an insole in order to make them fit. Bit difficult with sandals! I just wondered if there were any girls' sandals which were arthritis-friendly.

Meg
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I wonder whether Clarks girls shoes would be any use, they come in different width fitting so they might have some suitable sandals, I think in recent years they've become rather less "school shoe" like.

Deb
  • Megrose489
    Options
    Thank you, Deb, I'll have a look at those.

Meg
  • Fionabee
    Fionabee Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Megarose I have the opposite problem and am a size 9, not HUGE for my height, but shop assistants just don't get it that a 7.5 or 8 just won't do!

Have you thought about an outdoor shop that sells walking sandals in child zizes? I like those sandals that are designed for hiking (ha, ha!) they are practical and comfy, not glam tho. Just had a quick look at cotswoldoutdoor.com they start at size 26 (continental). In the olden days I used to shop at
    Lilley & Skinner, they had the Tall & Small range, but it's long gone. The Internet has made finding large shoes easier, but I'm not sure about smaller shoes.
  • janjankay58
    janjankay58 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    I too have small feet size 2 pavers do fly flot sandals starting from size 2 and they are very comfortable hope this helps.
  • Megrose489
    Options
    Thank you, Fiona. I never thought about hiking sandals, so will definitely have a look at Cotswold Outdoor. Yes, I remember the Tall and Small range. I think maybe as girls' shoes have become more fashionable, the market for small shoes has dropped, but I can sympathise with your problem at the other end of the scale. I do remember trying to buy fashionable, winkle picker shoes with a stiletto heel in the 1960s - to no avail!

Thank you also, janjankay58. I've looked in Pavers before, but found that their size 2, which they insist is an EU 35, is too big for me. If you check on comparison shoe charts you will see that a UK2 is actually an EU34. I will have a look at Flyflot, though, as I know how comfortable they are. Thanks for reminding me!