Tocilizumub Infusion Drip

Options
smileymicrobe
smileymicrobe Member Posts: 8
edited 23. Apr 2015, 15:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all!

I haven't been on here in a long time, kinda been in withdrawal from talking about everything lately!

Was just wanting to know if anyone has been or is on Tocilizumub drip and what their experiences have been? I'm going for my first monthly drip on Wednesday and am rather apprehensive. This will be the 5th drug (3rd biologic) I've tried in 8 years, just feels never ending!

Thanks
Deborah xx

Comments

• trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi Deborah

had it for some time last year , no side effects , infusion takes a hour & they will keep you in for a hour afterwards to keep check on you for the first time ,

the drug done wonders for my blood test with CRP 0.2 but pretty much all my joints were still swollen & needed high dose steriods , so the changed the biologic to rituximab & so far so good
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hey,
    I've been on tocilizumab for just over 2 years, I think...

I started on the infusions and I tolerated them fine. I've recently moved onto the injections - they're good too!

Tocilizumab is my miracle drug. It succeeded where all other drugs and drug combinations failed. It was my 4th biologic, after trying 6 DMARDs as well, all in combination with each other.

My only side-effect was nausea after the infusion, and after the injection.

Good luck with it!