CRP 36

Options
lynnemarie1123
lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
edited 22. Apr 2015, 17:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI All

My recent bloods registered my CRP that is usually under 5!, even when I got diagnosed and put on the meds my result was 13.5.

This time its 36!! - I have been feeling very much under the weather and in pain and inflammation - I have a new joint joining in the party too.

Due to see consultant tomorrow but wondered if anyone had any thoughts ?

xxx

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry I can't help as I have OA and not RA. I hope you get the answers you are seeking.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This sounds like a flare to me. Any form of arthritis is progressive and this may be evidence that yours is entering a new phase. It's good you are seeing your consultant, he needs to know about how you have been feeling. Please let us know what he says. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options
    hi , want drugs they tried you on ? , they use DAS28 to workout if you qualify for a biologic , CRP is one of the things they use along with checking your joints

although 36 is pretty high & normaly people with RA dont go over 50 it can go very high , last year mine was over 300 & even in January it was 78 on 45mg steriods , its a good thing you are seeing a consultant & hope they can help you
  • lynnemarie1123
    lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
    Options
    whats Bilogic ?

Consultant was fab - shes swapped my anti inflammatory from Arcoxia 90mg to Celebrex 100 mg.

she discussed everything really - shes sending me for an MRI scan to see the damage to my spine and hips following the results of this she may alter my dmards.

she was shocked by the CRP 36 - as my infammatory markers are not usually effected!

Im utterly exhausted with it all xx thank you for your support xx