Oh no not a wobble!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 22. Apr 2015, 14:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Yesterday morning I got up off the settee and went to get myself a drink my legs gave way. Luckily I was fairly close to one of the settee's so was able to use it to get back up again. I was using my sticks but still went down like a sack of potato's. I text my OH as I was a mess my heart pounding and shaking, I didn't feel much pain due to the adrenaline or shock until several of minutes later! My left foot hurt because it went under it's self, my left knee has swelled 3 times it size and my hip and shoulder have gone back to feeling like when the flare up started!!
Had hardly any sleep due to the pain and this morning I feel totally beaten up and had another wobble this morning but didn't go down! It really shook me up. I've also been getting double vision intermittently this morning and light headedness. To be honest I know what will happen if I call the G.P's they will send me to A & E and if I went there they won't know what to do and I will be stuck in a ward for several weeks and then sent home! I feeling nervous and that's not like me I'm usually a pretty brave person.

Comments

• Invictus
    Invictus Member Posts: 24
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You might wish to consider going to your GP and get your blood pressure looked at. I am on medication for my arthritis and one of the side effects is high blood pressure. The 'wobble' you describe sounds very similar to what I experience when by blood pressure is up.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Oh dear, that sounds scary. I hope you start to feel better soon. I would echo the advice to get checked out with your GP, just in case there's something going on that needs treatment.

Deb x
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Yes, get yourself to the GP. Don't let them send you off to A&E until they have seen you first. I hope it is just a side effect of a medication and nothing more serious. Take care of yourself. (()) xxx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Oh bubba, that sounds horrid and rather painful. :( You poor thing. Sending my sympathies!

I understand you feel nervous but you do need a medical eye cast over you. We'll come in your pocket for moral support if ya'd like?

Take it easy and rest up. Ice on any swollen injuries. Also, cake or chocolate or biscuits or even all three. I find it helps a lot. ;)

xx