Update! New drugs & MRI scan

Options
lynnemarie1123
lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
edited 27. Apr 2015, 14:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Been to Consultants today, after my CRP of 36 and to have a review - she decided that my anti inflammartory (arcoxia 90mg) is not working - so has given me CELEBREX 100mg ?

She wants me to have an MRI Scan (not had one before) then following the results may look at changing my DMards from Sulfa - I have thought for some time its not doing its job anymore xx

we discussed mindfulness and living in the moment and discussed multi vitamins, correct trainers and fitbit's :-) xx so feel very looked after it makes a massive difference to be seen by the consultant rather than the registrar doesnt it ? xx

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That sounds like a really useful and thorough appointment. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the MRI.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My rheumatologist prescribed Celebrex for me and it worked wonders on the inflammation. My GPs changed it to Naproxen plus omeprazole (stomach protector) because they could not afford it on their budget. Two drugs cheaper than one and, for me, the nap was completely ineffective but gave me beautiful oral thrush. :lol: There are a few anti-inflammatories out there but the 'joy' of Celebrex is that a protector is not required, hence the cost. Inflammation is a common factor in auto-immune arthritis, at their worst my CRP and ESR figures were between 160 and 170. Now, thanks to my unholy trinity of meds, they are too low to measure.

I don't know if you've had an MRI before - they are noisy! My hospital gives you ear protectors, some hospitals play music of their choice, or even better of your choice.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lynnemarie1123
    lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
    Options
    Hi DD I have had Naproxen before - it did nothing for me at all x

having said that the new anti inflam having started working yet - I can take 1-2 - 100 g a day I have started out on one a day so far with the idea to build up to 2 but with the pain I am in I dont think i can wait long before i take 2 x

today is a particularly bad day ! - oh I do wish someone would come up with a cure............ and fast !! :-( xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Its so good to hear you are being looked after, there are so many that have a struggle with there Rheumy...I do wish you well with the CELEBREX and the MRI, hope the results are good...
    Love
    Barbara