Success!

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 24. Apr 2015, 13:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
This morning I got an email from my Head attaching a new draft job description .... keeping me at my current level of Assistant Head with responsibility for reading intervention. He added that I would therefore need to complete the additional parts, monitoring, appraisal, some teaching and supporting discipline and behaviour but there would be "reasonable adjustments " made to reflect my disability.

Huge relief. I have mailed it to my union rep and then we can discuss the nitty gritty next week so that it is all clear ahead of the new school year. I also thanked my head for his quick response.

Planning to celebrate tonight with a bar of chocolate and a very naughty G and T, hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

Thank you all for your supporr, Giving up Inclusion and what it entails will be a wrench, but outweighed by the relief of knowing this is my last term of 5 day a week working.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So pleased to hear this, Slosh, that's great news.

Enjoy your chocolate and G & T - you deserve them both! Take care.

Meg
  • nicole
    nicole Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Slosh

I've been keeping up to date with your ongoing saga, I haven't posted anything for ages but read the boards daily. Your well deserved success has prompted me to pass on my 'congratulations' It must be such a weight off of your shoulders!
    Take Care
    Nicole
    x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    What excellent news! I am very pleased for you and hope it all comes to pass as it should. Congratulations, Slosh - and don't get too sloshed. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    HURRAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely delighted that there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Deb xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Three cheers. Mig
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you all so much, both for your congratulations and for your support.
    I'm just so relieved. I know workng fewer hours won't be a magic bullet and it will be tough financially but it make a huge difference to my quality of life .

I also came home to a letter to say I have my first counselling appointment next week.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    A well deserved outcome Slosh. Under the circs I don't see that the G&T deserves to be called naughty...
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww slosh I am so very pleased for you, now you can get on with what you do best..and enjoy your celebrations..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Oh Slosh, what wonderful news. I bet you feel like a weight has been lifted - how wonderful that things are falling into place after all you have been through and all that worry...I shall join you tonight (late but maybe an excuse for you to celebrate for a second night) and have a large (not naughty) G&T (((((()))))) So so pleased for you
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Brilliant news Slosh!! I'm really pleased it's all working out for you. Hopefully you will feel the benefits of shorter hours.

Hope the G & T went down nicely!
  • Slosh
    Options
    The G and T was lovely but definitely naughty because the one thing all my meds have in common is that you are nit supposed to drink alcohol while on them so being a good girl I avoid it, and can't remember the last time I had one.

I did do a count down today of how many more full-time weeks I have until the end of term.

It's still sinking in, but while I obviously regret the need to do it, and feel a bit disappointed in myself that I have had to come to this point, deep down I know it is the right decision for me and I can't keep pushing my body through this long term.

Shattered as usual by a Friday so my jim-jams are on and there's no alarm clock for two days.
    Julian of Norwich