Happy 2nd birthday to my RTHR

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 5. May 2015, 12:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI
It is 2 years ago today that I had my RTHR and completed the set, and became fully bionic hipwise! :lol: I wouldn`t like to go back to that evening again, the first days are hard. But worth it on the whole.
I have got my date for the MRI scan of that hip to see why I am having groin pain and difficulty in moving / lifting my right leg. It is the 10th May, yes a Sunday!! So anyone up for a day out on a Sunday afternoon is welcome to join me :wink:
I really don`t enjoy MRI`s so any relaxation tips are welcomed please, as I get awfully claustrophobic. I will be asking to go in feet first though!
Thanks
NB

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Firstly happy birthday to your TKR. I hope it has a wonderful day.

With regards to the MRI, when I had to have a hip MRI done I only went into the tunnel up to my chest/shoulders and as a result I was able to stare up at the ceiling of the room. I'd ask to go feet first, say you are claustrophobic and request that your head/neck stay out of the machine.

Here in Kent you can get MRI's, etc., seven days a week and I have to say that I approve of this approach as it's making the best possible use of equipment that otherwise would be sitting there doing nothing.

Good luck for the 10th, I hope it goes well. Please let us know how you get on.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hello NB,

Has it really been 2 years already?! For some reason, I seem to remember quite clearly when you had the op! I'm sorry you're having so much pain though. Got my fingers crossed for you for the MRI. I'll be on a plane on Sunday but I will be there in spirit. Ask them if you can listen to some music to distract you.

Incidentally, I had a real issue with lifting my leg and the pain was excruciating. I had an issue with my iliopsoas muscle (Google it!) and it's taken a looooong time to heal but I'm nearly there. Might be worth an explore if the scan doesn't shed any light?

Take it easy, NB. x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Blimey time goes nowhere when you are having fun.. :shock: hope all goes well with the MRI and you can get some answers has to what is wrong..my first one is coming up to 3 years..the second is looming and so is the back.. :roll: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks Grace- I will defo ask to have my head sticking out as far as I can!!

Starburst- I would rather swap places with you and be on a plane on Sunday :lol: . I will have a look at the iliapsoas muscle thing, I hope it is something that can be dealt with easily so it is sorted before my hols.
    Hi Barbara- 3 years, wow! I remember it well xx Are you seeing your surgeon about the other hip yet?
    NB