Finally started Cimzia

Options
As5567
As5567 Member Posts: 665
edited 1. May 2015, 12:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
It's been 2 days since I took my first dose of Cimzia, the injections were a bit painful but that seems to be a trend with almost every Biologic drug I have ever injected, a small price to pay in return for less pain anyway.

So far I have found that this drug makes me very tired and left feeling toxic, that's the only way I can describe it. I have noticed this morning things have began to improve, I know it's early days but for me every single biologic I have been on has worked within the first couple of days or began to take effect. By no means is the drug working to its full effect yet but I can feel a difference already which really does make life that little bit easier. I have also noticed a strange change in my mood, not sure if this is anything to do with the drug or not but I have an unusual sense of happiness, much like the steroid "high" you can get after high doses. Those of you who have experienced that will know what I mean.

Hopefully things will improve a bit more before the next loading dose and hopefully continue to do so. I'm determined this time that once I get moving I will not return to how I am right now, I have a lot of work ahead of me just to build up my strength let alone my mobility.

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Fingers crossed it improves even more. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    double barreled these meds seem to be ,but like you say if the pain decreases then its worth it..I will have everything crossed for you x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Did you take a loading dose of 2 injections? I was wiped out for a day or so after the loading doses but felt fine once I was only injecting one.

If they didn't hurt so much, I'd have my fingers crossed for you. :wink: Wishing you lots of luck. I really, really hope this drug will do the trick. You've had such a rough ride and you deserve some good health.

<<<<sending HUGE positive vibes>>>>
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I hope, very much, that it works for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I really hope the Cimzia works for you - it`s time you had an upturn in fortune.

Wishing you the very best of luck!
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Thanks all, no more improvement to note today but things are still better than they were so I'm happy with that.
    Starburst wrote:
    Did you take a loading dose of 2 injections? I was wiped out for a day or so after the loading doses but felt fine once I was only injecting one.

If they didn't hurt so much, I'd have my fingers crossed for you. :wink: Wishing you lots of luck. I really, really hope this drug will do the trick. You've had such a rough ride and you deserve some good health.

<<<<sending HUGE positive vibes>>>>

Yes, I have to take the loading dose 2 more times and then 1 injection every 2 weeks. I too suspect it's the loading dose that is making me feel slightly unwell but today I feel almost fine, just tired. I felt more or less exactly like this during the loading dose for infliximab but once I was on the maintenance dose I just felt tired the day after so hopefully this will be the same.