Dreamland intelliheat pad - any good?

Options
Fionabee
Fionabee Member Posts: 146
edited 7. May 2015, 17:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've been tucking a hottie down the back of my trousers then sitting down to read or watch TV quite a bit recently. It's quite a good system, then I came across Dreamlands intelliheat pad in the Argos catalogue. It does have good user reviews there and on Am....altho a few comment that it is not as hot as they hoped. Does anyone use one, do you find it better than a hottie? I imagine there is less bulk, but wonder if I'm daft shelling out for something that's no better than a hot water bottle.
Fb

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'd never heard of it so I checked it out. It seems that the advantage over a hottie is that you can keep the heat constant and don't have to continually re-fill or re-heat it. I guess if that's worth £30 to you then it's worth buying.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I find these thing don't get has hot as we would like,think its down to health and safety... :roll: but I haven't tried one..I did have a shoulder heat thingy that was bought for Christmas..but that didnt get very warm even with 4 settings..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Fionabee
    Fionabee Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Ooh I went ahead and bought it. It is bliss, not as intensely hot as a hot water bottle, but more constant and over a larger area. I sit in one of those leather Stressless chairs which are supportive in the back area, with the pad in situ, it makes really good contact with my back. Very comforting!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Good to know it's helping :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Hi, I have one of these and yes, it does give a gentle heat. Mind you, no good to me when I'm in the middle of a "power surge!" :lol:

I find this invaluable for my lower back pain. I hope you get good use out of your new purchase and that it eases things for you.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!