Big Thank You!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 7. May 2015, 11:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Guys! Just wanted to pop by and thank you all for your lovely messages. I'm finding it really tuff to get comfy and I'm surrounded by cushions and have my feet raised on my poof. The pain is horrible and I'm trying to keep my mind busy so I'm not focusing on it.
Hoping to hear from the Occupational Therapists today or tomorrow about some more aids that are to be delivered! And my absolutely wonderful husband worked his butt off yesterday getting a 2nd handrail put up and he made it so it's further inwards so I can grip it better, it's making a massive difference as it's easier for my short arms to get hold of!
I'm getting used to using my walker (Or reliant Robin as I call it!) and I feel weird as you associate them with old people but it is a lot safer using that in case my legs decided to have another wobbly!
I wanted to say a massive thank you to Helen (Frog) for keeping you all updated and hope to be back to normal form on here regularly as soon as possible. bubbadog.x

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It`s lovely to hear from you, though I realise things are very tough for you at present. A gold star to your hubby for his DIY skills! I had a walker for a while, and felt self-conscious, but it was a case of needs must, and if it helps you, then you go for it!

Take care, and feel better soon.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I expect it's good to be home but it sounds as if things'll be difficult for some time. I hope the OT lady can help. Just do as they say, bubbadog and I hope things improve soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Its good to see you are home bubba, and no operation needed.. I am in the process of making my mind up about a bulging disc op..but sometimes your mind can be made up for you..you take care..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    No thanks required, I'm just glad to see you back in here, even if briefly!