dont like this getting old game !!!!!!!

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 10. May 2015, 11:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
Oh the problems of getting old both OH and myself have had our usual regular eye tests in the last 6 months and both of us have discovered we have a minor problem. Oh had his first and after a visit to the dr and a visit to hospital they have discover he has a small tear in the retina of one eye. today I have my test and am told despite my vision having just a fractional change over the past 3 years It has been noticed that I have a slight cataract development in both eyes nothing to speak of at the moment but now have to have a recall test in 1 yr instead of 2
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    I've had both cataracts done.
    As someone said to me "age is "mind over matter"

If you don't mind........it doesn't matter :lol:
    I'm at the stage where I don't mind anymore :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Very true Hileena I'm not bothered about it as I know if it becomes necessary it is treatable. its just funny that both Oh and me have had something amiss in our eyes tests this time round very spooky. :lol::lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    It ain't no game :wink:
    Optician told me and oh same thing and my sister and her oh :!: Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I first heard 'It's your age.' from my optician when I was 41. I was not amused. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Old age isn't a barrel of laughs but, as my father in law used to say, it's better than the alternative.

Until his cataract operation one of Mr SW's golfing mates used to his the ball and then ask everyone else where it had gone :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Thanks all
    as I say not worried about it but it just seemed so curious that both of us found out a defect this time round Oh has been told by hospital that his is unlikely to get any worse and It don't affect his vision so not a problem, and as far as me well it's only very slight just need to have another test in a year not 2 yrs to see how we are going. :roll: :lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Carol
    I was told I have a cataract but I would not know it so i'm waiting till it is. I had my check up at the Dentist then I had a loose tooth. a hearing test leaflet from the optician came I had that I have to go back I can not hear as well in my right ear.
    I wonder what will be next.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I just tell people that I'm slowly disintegrating. :lol: Found out a few months ago that my eyeballs have shrunk meaning that some of the fibres have detached from the retina. I can see the fibres waving about and I get flashing lights around the outside of my vision. It might never get any worse but I need to look out for any loss of sight then go immediately to A&E as it's likely my retinas are becoming detached. Apparently, it's all to do with my age. :?
    Christine
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Carol
    This is bad luck and all you both needed..I always remember my insurance lady years ago saying don't get old...and I was thinking well I am not ready to go anywhere yet.. :shock: hope it all goes well for both of you..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Applerose that was funny your disintegrating mind you I think the its the same for me with health things these days what with Ostearthritis in knees and spine Asthma Hayfever urticaria recurrent urinary infections and fluid retention with medications attatched to them then about 2 months ago I had a really nasty rash across my chin and back of neck which doctors couldn't decide if it was a fungal infection or eczema now have to use soap substitute on face and neck instead of soap. :roll: when I go away its like taking a chemist shop away with me. :lol::lol: then the cataracts but dr said it may not get worse of may take years years to develop any further I just falling apart.

Joan I haven't noticed any difference in my vision and looking in the mirror cant see anything myself so we will wait and see :D

Barbara even at 67 I don't intend going anywhere in the near future either. only perhaps on me holidays and me little journeys to kent to see family ha ha :lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx