Solo rheummy visit

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 11. May 2015, 05:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
This will be the first time I have been to see the consultant on my own in all the years since I was first diagnosed ,it's not bothering me but it is hubby he doesn't say anything just sits there and listens but he has his gym session and doesn't want to miss it :!: so if some of you are free Monday morning he will buy a round of drinks coffee and biscuits that is .App is at 10.45 .Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Count me in, Mig, I'll be there. :) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    For the first 40+ of my arthritic years I did appointments all by myself (once I'd managed to keep my Mum at bay). Then Mr SW semi-retired and then retired fully and started to come with me.

I find it a mixed blessing. A second pair of ears is useful but a second mouth can be less so, especially when he brings up what I consider to be irrelevancies :roll:

I'll be there, mig. (But I'll leave him at home :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'll be there too, Mig. Hope it all goes well.

I always go to my appointments on my own, I prefer it that way. The only time Mr Megrose came in with me was when I saw an eye consultant last year. I initially went in on my own and he asked if there was somebody with me, so I had to go and fetch Mr M from the waiting area. I wondered what on earth the consultant was going to tell me, but I think he just wanted to explain the procedure I could have and ask me to make a choice as to whether I wanted it or not. I decided against it at the time, but I have the option to change my mind in the future.

Meg
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I'll be there, Mig, and hope it goes well for you. On one very memorable occasion, my husband, who is the most mild-mannered man you could meet,accused my then rheumy of paying 'more attention to the bean counters than the patient.' It was after that I was put on a biologic therapy.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Count me in Mig..I hope it all goes well for you and don't forget to take notes I know quite a few people that do this now..and ask for a copy of there letter..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope all goes well for you today. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I'm in your pocket. Hope it goes well - you're never alone with a pocket full of forum :wink:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter