Platfform wheelchair lift

Options
vonski
vonski Member Posts: 1,292
edited 10. May 2015, 05:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,
I haven't written here for ages just read things but arthritis has been joined by MS just to make things harder. Now I find it's getting harder to get up the steps to the bungalow and a lift has been mentioned but no one has told me a good company. I was given a few names by Disability living but no more information, names I have are T.M Solutions. Pollock and Stannah stairlifts. If anyone has used these please post about them or any other company you used thanks.

Vonski

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi there,
    I haven't had personal experience of lifts, but I know that when we organised an internal stairlift for mum we got excellent advice from Age UK (previously Age Concern) who recommended suppliers they had good reports from, I found contact details by using internet search engine. It may be worth asking their advice. The commercial companies we approached (Acorn, Stannah) were really pushy and persistent, but the supplier they recommended was patient and simply gave us costs and options then waited for us to get back in touch, also the work was done well with minimal mess or inconvenience and a good after care service.

Deb
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Lovely vonski, I posted asking after you not that long ago. ((())) I'm pleased to see your name on here but worry to hear about your MS diagnosis. Social worker hat going on now....

Have you spoken to your local adult social care department? If not, they are always the first port of call. You may be entitled to funding or if not, an occupational therapist will be able to give you specific advice. I know we use Stannah a lot in our area and they are thought to be a reliable company with good products. If, for whatever reason, you don't get much joy out of social services, the MS society are known to be a fantastic organisation with lots of practical advice.

Take good care of your lovely self x
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Thank you Deb that could be the way to go, I will ring Age and see if they can recommend anyone.

Thank you Starburst how are you coping at this time? hope you have been resting when you can. It was nice to hear that you asked about me you will give me a big or bigger head lol. I have had Social care to assess me and was told I have to pay for the lift and wet room. Serves me right for saving for my old age instead of spending. I must be older than I thought lol.

Take care
    Love

Vonski xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I can't help, vonski, but I do hope you can find something suitable at an affordable price. These things are always a cause for concern because so much hangs on them.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello vonski its lovely to hear from you,but sorry you are struggling..I do hope you can get some help with this..please let us know how you get on..
    Love
    Barbara