It wouldn't be a holiday without a drama.

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 12. May 2015, 06:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm sitting on a balcony, feeling the sea breeze and reflecting upon the last 9 days. It started off a little rocky as I had the misfortune of sitting behind the only person the airplane who insisted on reclining his seat for the entire flight. So, I was very stiff and uncomfortable with a strange man practically on my lap. (Side note; when I am queen, I will ban reclining on short haul flights.) Fortunately, things improved and I had a lovely few days and celebrated my 27th birthday. Then I made the mistake of looking at the sun and got rewarded with an itchy rash consisting of hundreds of small red lumps from head to toe. Not to be left out, my joints decided to double in size. Although things have subsided enough for me to feel confident that I can make it home without screaming for the entire 5 hour flight, I am a little bit worn out.

Nonetheless, the drama shall not detract from the fact that it was great to be away from the humdrum of normal life and have a rest. That said, my next holiday shall definitely not be in sunny climes. I'll be home in the early hours of Monday morning and I'm looking forward to my memory foam mattress. ;)

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh I'm feeling your pain....had the misfortune to sit behind a selfish man who reclined his seat for almost the whole of a 16 hour flight from Sydney to Dubai...then I had to board a plane from Dubai to Birmingham, another 6 1/2 hours, happily with the seat in front mostly upright. I simply can't recline my seat because I know how difficult it makes life for the person behind.........sometimes wish I had fewer scruples! :shock:

Enjoy the rest of your break, safe journey home.

Deb xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    You have my sympathy, Sophie. I'd ban reclining seats. One person's comfort is invariably another's misery. Like dibdab I never recline mine for that reason.

I hope the holiday was worth it despite the meth(?) rash.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I had a good flight home. We were on a plane with individual TVs in each seat, so I watched a very interesting film, read an entire book and ate a lot of snacks to distract myself from the discomfort. I'm looking a lot less bumpy and lumpy today. I'm already planning my next holiday but it's going to be in January, so hopefully I will not be caught out with a sun rash.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Doesn't that depend on where you go?

Glad you got home OK with a decent flight. Mr SW always watches movies. I play games and, saddo that I am, watch the flight path :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright