hello i am new to the group

robosh1976
robosh1976 Member Posts: 7
edited 5. Jun 2015, 07:35 in Say Hello Archive
i am 38 years old and been to the doctors which he ran blood tests which came back negative for ra he has now refered me to a rheumatoligist so they can see if i have sero-negative rheumatoid arthritis i amhaving to come to terms that i cannot go back to my job which is a coach driver as i can barley drive my car now without crying in pain the only pain relif i have been given is tramadol which does not even touch the pain at times has anyone got any ideas on how to manage the pain as i am suffering big time

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums Robosh from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes
    Mod Yx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Robosh
    Welcome to the forum.
    Once you see the rheumatologist he may be able to sort your pain out. We aren't medically trained so cant advise on meds.
    The rheumy is the one to help you and once you get the pain stabilised you never know what you'll be able to do :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hello Robosh and welcome, though I`m sorry things are not good for you right now.

I hope you don`t have to wait too long to see your rheumatologist - there are lots of drugs now which can help, though it may take a while to find the one which suits you best. In the meantime, has your GP not prescribed you any anti-inflammatories, such as Naproxen or Diclofenac? These may help in the short term if you can tolerate them.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi Robosh1976,

I just wanted to say a warm welcome to the forum from us here at Helplines, and am so sorry to hear about that you’re in so much pain.

The support available on here from forum members is amazing. If you ever feel like having a confidential chat or would like some particular information for your arthritis, just private message us or come over to the Chat to our Helplines team forum (our free phone is 0808 800 4050 10am-4pm weekdays).

If you’d like us to post you an information pack – email helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk with your details.

Please forgive me if you've already contacted us - we don't keep callers' details for reasons of confidentiality.

Best wishes
    Lynda
    Helplines Team
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hello Robosh

Welcome from me too :)

I am so sorry you are suffering so much at the moment and hope that your rheumatology apt comes through very soon.

Your Gp may be able to prescribe you an ant inflammatory to take too to help with the pain. Many of us take them alongside pain killers.

Hope to see you posting again soon

Toni
  • Jaclyncollin
    Jaclyncollin Bots Posts: 36
    There are number medications available in current medicine to treat and manage RA pain. These include NSAID, DMARD, biologics, opioids etc. However, this kind of advice should be best when comes from your Rheumy. Meanwhile you can work out on adding anti inflammatory foods to your diet. You can also start maintaining a food diary that can include foods that trigger your pain and vice a versa. Same is with your symptoms; you can describe your current symptoms and when they started. It would help in your appointment. I wish you get appointment soon and able to settle your pain quickly.