Arthritis Care Week 18th - 24th May

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
edited 7. Feb 2023, 09:52 in News Archive
Tomorrow is the start of Arthritis Care week.

This year the week has a theme of ‘Keeping Moving’ to encourage everyone, not only those with Arthritis, to join in ‘Keeping Moving’ and support the millions of people around the country who endure the pain of arthritis every day.

See the video now on YouTube: https://youtu.be/QH5Hs9qyQvE

Mod B

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks for the info, Mods. I kept moving a bit too much yesterday :lol: and, as a result, haven't moved quite as much today :roll: but I've done all my exercises and feel better for it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Thank you mods. Will share this info.
    Christine
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thankyou mods...and I look forward to the new forum.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Thank you Mods
    The Gateshead Branch have a "barrow" drop in point in the Metro Centre on Thursday and on Saturday.
    As well as promoting arthritis generally and answering any questions we can we will have leaflets about our "keep moving" we have a seated Zumba class once a week, a yoga class once a fortnight, hydrotherapy weekly and a walking group once a month.

Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thankyou mods.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    The Gateshead Branch have a "barrow" drop in point in the Metro Centre on Thursday and on Saturday.
    As well as promoting arthritis generally and answering any questions we can we will have leaflets about our "keep moving" we have a seated Zumba class once a week, a yoga class once a fortnight, hydrotherapy weekly and a walking group once a month.

Hileena

Thanks Hileena :)

For any information, the website for the Gateshead Branch of Arthritis Care can be seen here: http://www.arthritiscaregateshead.org.uk

Mod B
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Thank you Mods

Hileena

What are they doing Hileena? :?

Dropping you in wheelbarrows? :wink:

Personally I walk on a treadmill as many times a week as I can as well as doing yoga. Exercise makes me feel better (within reason of course!) :)

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Toni
    We normally have drop in points at hospitals or walk in centres and people coming from or to appointments stop to ask questions about arthritis. Take information we have etc.
    Its surprising the amount of people that have never heard of Arthritis Care!!!! :shock:
    This week being Arthritis Care week we are have a charity barrow in the Metro Thursday and Sat. Not sure how it will go :?
    Obviously in a hospital you get a lot of people with arthritis but in a shopping centre??? hard to tell. We'll see.
    Lots of information for them, eg....branch meetings, booklets tht we have, just generally trying to answer questions. or signposting them to somewhere else if we cant answer them. I always give them a little card with the Freephone number on it and the web address. I then tell them about the forums.
    Wish me luck.....first one is tomorrow.
    Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea Hileena. Hope it goes well.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Christine
    Thanks.....we started this scheme in Gateshead 2 years ago and it seems to be going well. Just the occasional time when we have it in a Fair or a Shopping Centre we are never quite sure how I will go
    Love
    Hileena