Reflexology

18amandah
18amandah Member Posts: 57
edited 1. Jun 2015, 16:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi reflexology is wonderful! Its very helpful for arthritis! Also relaxing as well! Regards Amanda h

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,023
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That's wonderful news, Amanda, and thanks for sharing it. Sometimes little things can make big differences. I hope it continues to do so for you :D
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 26,397
    Is reflexology done on your feet?

I think it is. I would love to have a go, but I am seriously ticklish :?

Amanda I am so pleased it's helping you :)

Love

Toni xxx
    Love

Toni xxx
  • Jaclyncollin
    Jaclyncollin Bots Posts: 36
    Nice to hear it’s working for you, Amanda. I have my appointment in next 2 weeks for my really bothering hands and feet. So this gives me some positive waves :P . It was my rheumy nurse who insisted me to book one, she swears by it as it has brought a lot of change in her quality of life, pain reduction and overall health status. My own research indicates it doesn’t have any effect on inflammation but only a temporary pain relief and relaxation. I also read, you should avoid it during flares, though I am not sure. Anyway, I am not expecting any miraculous results but an improvement in sleep and stress. Hope you continue to get the same benefit throughout!!
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,713
    It is usually done on feet Toni, although I believe some practitioners can use hands instead. I am also very ticklish and did wonder if that would be a problem, but found it wasn't as the contact is a firm pressure. It might be worth discussing if you could have a 'taster' session to see how you get on?
    I had some sessions a good few years ago when my gut problems were making life miserable. It wasn't a cure but several of the most distressing symptoms(such as acute nausea) did ease noticeably, and I also felt less overwhelmed and therefore better able to cope.