Another blood test

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 3. Jun 2015, 03:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had a call from gps surgery this morning requesting that i go for a blood test ,when i queried the reason all they could tell me was the gp had asked for it ,the only reason i can come up with is my liver results from the test i had done at my latest rheumy visit were high and that the gp had got a letter from rheumy a copy of which i got last week.Mig
ps .im not really surprised.

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Mig - these things are sent to try us! I'm not surprised you're not surprised - it happens quite frequently to most of us at some time or another.

Hope the repeat test goes well for you.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    My GP sent me for repeated blood tests last year as he was concerned about one of them, not related to Arthritis, over three months the dodgy one went gradually down. I agree that yours is probably also being thorough.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    Options
    It was liver bloods that gp wanted done again. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good luck Mig.. hope the next results are better...at least you know they are watching out for you..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    In the past I've been recalled by my GPs' surgery about 'erratic' figures, their concern being raised on their understanding of 'normal' results, but as all has subsequently proved to be well I hope this will also apply to you. Please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • juliep123
    juliep123 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    At least it shows that your GP is on the ball - can you ring your GP to find out why they need to retest?
  • mig
    Options
    On my rheummy visit 4weeks ago my liver count was 114 and should be about 40 hence the follow-up. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Now that makes sense so I hope it's dropped or dropping: be prepared, however, for another recall. I know from experience that bloods are a necessary chore and this shows that people are keeping an eye on things. Good luck! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben