What can this be?

Options
bangorlass
bangorlass Member Posts: 21
edited 4. Jun 2015, 03:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place so apologies if not allowed.

A few weeks ago I was diagnosed with Partial ligament tear and Arthritis in my knee (Following MRI after Dislocation of the knee) and today I have a burning sensation in my thigh above my knee it's not red but the pain is awful is this normal?

thank you

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    To be honest none of us on here have any idea of what normal is, we all have our own versions of it which are nothing like those of the healthy! :wink: My pain levels are off the scale at the moment but I know why - you are relatively new to all of this I think, so it must be very confusing and unsettling.

One problem we all face is that once we have arthritis (in any shape or form) anything that else that happens is initially blamed on it, but it may well not be the case. Is it the same side as your dodgy knee? It could be caused by anything from a trapped nerve to a strained muscle but as we are not docs we cannot say what it may or may not be. If I remember correctly you have just started a new job which is physically demanding, you are on feet a great deal, yes? It could be related to that, is there any way you can used a seat to relieve the strain on your muscles? I know from my experience that I tense when my joints hurt, I tend to stiffen and move differently trying to reduce the hurt and as a result other bits fire up too. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello bangorlass
    Did they give you any pain relief, maybe some ice on it will help, and elevate the leg...hopefully it will ease up .. the trouble with arthritis pain is each day can be different..if things get worse I would see your GP..
    Love
    Barbara
  • bangorlass
    bangorlass Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you for the replies ...yes its the same knee that dislocated that I have the Arthritis in and a new job its very overwhelming.

I had a really bad night pain wise last night but have taken codeine phosphate every 4hrs today to keep it at bay, I think I'd manage better if I just had the 1 problem with the knee but I have multi problems with it so I'm not sure what or where the pain is coming from :lol:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    How was yesterday? Any better or worse?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright