Living well with arthritis

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 5. Jun 2015, 16:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've been having a bit of a rough ride lately but that's for another time. I received news yesterday that blew my mind and wanted to share it with you. I'm not boasting because that's not my style but I am feeling proud of myself. Those who have read my posts will know how hard I've found settling into my new career especially while living with RA. However, I have received the great honour of being nominated for newly qualified social worker of the year at the national social work awards. :o I doubt that I'll be shortlisted because the competition is tough but what a great privilege to even be nominated.

Thank you all for supporting me. You've been truly fantastic and I feel very lucky to have you by my side. I definitely could not have done it without you.

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What marvellous news Sophie. I think I speak for us all on the forum if I say it's no more than you deserve of course, but I imagine it's extra special as it comes from the 'normal' world.
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    Fantastic news :) well done Sophie . Kat x
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • juliep123
    juliep123 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Congratulations- you deserve it xx
  • ImGazhughes
    ImGazhughes Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Good to here good news on here very well done, you should feel proud, helping others is a great thing a human being can do
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Congratulations, what a wonderful achievement. You must be feeling so proud.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Well done you are our "starburst" . Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You fabulous girl! :D What else is there to say? :D

b020.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    We'll done, Sophie - many congratulations!!
  • LynneS
    LynneS Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Quite rightly pleased I'd say, Well Done :D
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    What a fantastic accolade.....well done you!!!!!! :D:D And how positive to show the world that you aren't defined by your disease, but rather live with it and bring it's insights into the world of work.

Your job is so important, and so often undervalued, keep on doing what you do....you truly make a difference to the vulnerable and those unable to fight for themselves.

Deb xx
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    That's wonderful news Sophie, well done!
    You have chosen a challenging career and are clearly excellent at it.
    I am so glad this has been recognised and hope the appreciation gives you a big boost, it should do!
    I sometimes think having a disease like ours predisposes us to more empathy, so maybe there are some benefits from it for our work etc after all?

Hope all your health issues improve very soon, you certainly deserve it :)

Take good care
    Liz xx
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Wonderful news and so well deserved. Well done you!

Meg
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Wonderful news, Sophie! Well done, you! You show what can be achieved despite nasty, aggressive arthritis. Thanks so much for sharing it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Thank you, my lovely forum friends. Your kind words and happiness at my achievements make all the difference to me. x
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Sophie, this is absolutely wonderful news. Your employers obviously highly value the skills and abilities you take to your role.

Working in Social Services myself - although I'm office based so in a support/admin role - I know only too well the flack that comes with working in any kind of Social Services post.

Brilliant, absolutely and wonderfully brilliant!

Well done you.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!