Unmanageable pain and fatigue.

Options
2»

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So here we are post weekend, hope you had some decent rest, and maybe some happy times too. So here's wishing you a better week, with some brighter spots to lift your eyes above the struggles. Here are some hugs to add to your hug box (((((((((( :) )))))))))). When my now almost 30 year old twins were small they used to climb on my lap and say "mummy my cuddle box is empty, will you fill it!".........the image remains with me still, somehow even the idea of a full cuddle box is comforting......so hoping our hugs help you in some small way to know that you're not alone in the struggles , there are people who genuinely care about your state of health and well being.

Deb xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    How are you today? I hope you managed to get a restful and relaxing weekend with maybe a couple of treats included.
    Thinking of you and as far as you are able in your job, try to take things steady this week.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I type this from my bed. :wink: I hope you are not in yours and won't be until later this evening. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Thank you so much. I actually had a lovely weekend, even managed a little stroll which I am regretting today :? but it was nice at the time.

I've been reassured that the most likely cause of my breathing problems is the anaemia which has made me feel better. I know it was unlikely that I had lung problems but my consultant seemed worried which panicked me a bit.

I'm still quite teary which is very unlike me. I'm going to give the deficiencies some time to resolve themselves and if not, I'll ask to increase my anti-depressant dose. I know I'm not depressed but I am not myself at all and I need to keep an eye on things. I'm sure it's just a reaction to feeling unwell but these things can snowball.

Deb I love the idea of a cuddle box. It's really lovely and I'll remember that one.

DD rough day? Here's to hoping that tomorrow is better.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's been a rough five or six days (as in busy) so everything has culminated in a very early night - always a sensible step I find (well, it works for me).

You have a great deal on your plate, Sophie, and how you manage to keep going I do not know but suspect that youth has something to do with it. We can find ourselves being flattened by yet another thing rolling up to trouble us, then comes the finding of the reasons why, is it arthritis-related, what to do about it and so the dance goes on. As far as I am concerned we are allowed these down times, FCOL (for crying out loud) we lead challenging lives and it's hardly surprising that we crumple under the loads we carry.

You'll sort it, girl, 'cos that is what you do, it will take time but it will happen. Take care and remember we're here to do whatever we can to steer you through this stormy time to calmer waters. DD
  • Sarahd1609
    Sarahd1609 Member Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi DD,
    Hope you feel better soon. I hate the tiredness and pain. This disease is so dibilitating. You are however an inspiration as even on your sick bed, you make others feel better so here's big hugs for you.

Hope you feel better soon

Sarah xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    What kind words, thank you. We know that when it hits, it hits like a number of sledgehammers one after the other - wham wham wham wham wham! Nasty, innit? :lol: Due to a series of household-related events it's been a stupidly busy time with far too much of it being spent on my feet and walking around plus having to wake and get up very early so it's little wonder that I am feeling as I am. It'll pass though, all things do, the good as well as the bad.

I hope that you and Starburst are feeling better. I wish you both well. DD
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hugs to DD and Sophie - and better times ahead.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Sophie
    Sorry to be so late seeing this, I agree with SW you certainly aren't a moaning minnie, I have always admired how you just got on with things..glad you have us to talk to and I do hope things improve very soon for you...((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara