What am I like ??????

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 16. Jun 2015, 10:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
as if all the problems Iv'e had lately were not enough l last night I knocked half a bottle of pepsi max over my laptop keyboard so I have only half a keyboard working meaning I cannot log in. its open and upside down in my airing cupboard at the moment to see if i can dry it out and it will till work again if not I;m stuck with my little old notebook which dosen't do all the things I want it too untill I can get enough money to buy another one. :cry: :x
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Carol!!

You poor thing :(

Typical

You never know then it might dry out. Fingers crossed

Love

Toni xxx
  • Turbogran
    I hope so Toni as I rely on it quite a lot for ordering shopping ect and sometimes the notebook will let me order but then wont let me pay. and trying to get oh to let me use his for about half order is almost impossible. :roll: i wouldn't mind but not long ago he was having loads of problems with his laptop and ended up buying a cheap one which he set up but then didn't need to use it as his other one got sorted it has sat in the cupboard for about six months . when i said to him about me borrowing it for awhile I got well I suppose so u if my mine breaks down i'll have to have it back. still that Ohs for you. :roll:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hope it's dried out & is useable for you.
  • Turbogran
    haven't taken out of airing cupboard yet am using OH spare one a the moment
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It is so easily done, isn't it? I did this once and now ensure that any liquids are behind my laptop so if they do go for a burton hopefully they'll miss it - so far so good. I hope yours dries out but the stickiness might be another issue . . . . my creaky fingers are crossed that it isn't. Please let us know the outcome. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Turbogran
    Well took it out of airing cupboard this morning It turns on but I cannot log in cos one of the letters in my password is one of those not working so think laptop will be on its way to laptop heaven need to see if I am still under extended warranty if I may get keyboard sorted by them.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    How annoying for you. Laptops have many advantages over PCs but tolerance of beverage mishaps isn't one of them! Things like pepsi are doubly undesirable because not only are they sticky but they are also corrosive, so even if the keys don't stick it's likely there would be problems further down the line.
    What is they say - don't drink and drive, you'll only spill the drink!
  • Turbogran
    Laptop update still will turn on but still still have certain keys not working but have found out this morning that my extended warranty brought when purchasing laptop still covers me until November so now have courier coming on Thursday to collect it for repair so that is a good result, wil probably have to wait up to 10 days for its return. :):D
    Stay positive always👍xx