Disposable toilet seat covers

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 17. Jun 2015, 10:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
If i remember right we had a discussion about these a few weeks ago some were for some against well i had to go while we were on our way home from shopping we had just missed a bus and i knew i couldn't wait till we got home ,these are the toilets on the bus station ,normally i wouldn't use them but needs must ,you don't even take your bag in there if you don't have to,so seat covers in pocket off i trot leaving hubby with bag ,I'm so glad i had them with me god knows when they were last cleaned properly,there i am after i wash hands getting my bag off of hubby rummaging for hand wipes and gel,so for me they were a good buy.The packet is about the size of a credit card and holds 10 covers,can't remember how much they cost though. Mig

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well done, mig :D A little forethought goes a long way and that applies also to the very necessary hand wipes and antibac gel. Sometimes one would like a scrubbing brush too :roll:

I don't think my bottom has touched a public loo seat in years. My Mum was an advocate of the hover stance and for many years it's been a case of needs must for me.

US loos usually provide a seat cover disposer alongside the loo paper one. In 'outdoor' places the washbasins are sometimes outside the building too which is surely better than washing ones hands and then having to grasp the door handle which has already been grasped by many unwashed hands.

Mr SW has now got quite used to holding a handbag. He looks sweet with it on his shoulder :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    i remember that thread, you were well-prepared young Mig, I am impressed! It never ceases to amaze me how many people do not wash their hands after performing. I always do and then use a piece of toilet roll or tissues when touching the doors. I prefer not to think what's lurking on cistern handles. I also close the lid (if there is one) before I flush - the cloudburst of germs is invisible to the naked eye but very nasty. If there isn't a lid I hold my breath and prepare my exit before pressing! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Thank you, Mig. I didn't know you could buy toilet seat covers, so I'll look out for them the next time I go shopping.

I used to 'hover', Sticky, but, firstly my knees protest greatly and, secondly, I understood that it's not a good thing to do if you get regular UTIs. And, as I'm recovering from one at the moment - 11.30pm trip to the 24 Hour Primary Care unit at the hospital on Sunday - it's something I've had to correct.

I always carry anti-bacterial hand wash stuff (it's a foam) in my handbag and wouldn't be without it.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh dear! Not good at all, Megrose. How are things now? Improving, I hope.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I can`t hover either! Hope you feel better soon, Megrose.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I'm another that cant hover... :shock: so thankyou Mig for this... :)
    Love
    Barbara