Please don't lecture me . . .

Options
2»

Comments

• LemonMerigue
    LemonMerigue Member Posts: 62
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I love that everyone you come by in life is an expert in curing your arthritis. Since being officially diagnosed in March, there's been oodles of well meaning people give me advice on my diet, saying I need to cut out gluten or dairy and I'll feel much better, or people suggesting alternative therapies (though for the life of me now I can't remember which ones they suggested) and one person even suggested I could have another condition that mimics my PsA and a simple concoction of supplements would clear it right up. Oh Purrr-lease. I appreciate the well meaning comments and believe they do come from a good place but those well meaning comments insinuate that not only my Dr's are idiots, but I myself am an idiot as well for following blindly what they say. They're insinuating I'm not taking the right steps to get better or improve my quality of life. I'm fairly certain that a medical professional is going to know more about my condition than someone whose friends, aunts, cousins, uncle had a bit of RA in his left knee and Vitamin D and swimming cured it entirely. I usually just bite my tongue and nod along and say "Oh, I hadn't thought of that." It does grate on me though and I'm wondering maybe if I should just be honest and tell them to hush.

The "you look fine" comment are also becoming increasingly infuriating. I can't do anything for fear of people using it against me. I walked the dog a few weeks ago and felt like rubbish the next day. Mr LM took it upon himself to have a go and tell me "you were fine yesterday". I was furious.