Something to relax and move to Tai Chi Qigong

Options
Jen
Jen Member Posts: 155
edited 22. Jun 2015, 07:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
This post is for those who believe this kind of thing could enhance their life experience and be helpful to their joints and wellbeing

[text removed Mod YEH]

Tai Chi is listed by AC as one of the exercises that may help arthritis.

If you are interested in this perhaps you may want to check first with your doctor. Web MD has information about Tai Chi qigong you may want to check including precautions. http://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/health-benefits-tai-chi-qigong?page=2#3

For myself I find the movements very beneficial in many ways. This particular video is very similar to what I am doing at this time. If you don't think you can manage the movements, just watch and maybe visualise yourself doing them. Enjoy the music, its very calming and relaxing, for me it gives that feel good factor.

I hope by my posting this others may find it helpful too and that the movements will benefit their joints and general wellbeing.

Best wishes to all - enjoy the video link below:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLdETF0zYb0&index=4&list=PLUJ_Dj3GQqDjSK-tJH6vZHfCqQRFHIJ3v
flower2520paars.gif~c200

Comments

• Jen
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    A 45 min video with input during the 1st 10-14 minutes of the video from medical professionals such as doctors, rheumatologist and physiotherapists.

The video is called Tai Chi for arthritis and it can be viewed here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAOuEpa01j4

Its possibility to do tai chi / qi gong standing or sitting.

I hope this kind of programme can be introduced into UK health care and recognised by the medical profession as both a preventative aid and helpful mobility and manageability aid for those with arthritis. Something that will slow down the progression of arthritis.

Of course as the video states check with your doctor to be safe. If you already do regular exercise you may want to investigate classes in your local area and after viewing the video in full you will note its the Sun style of Tai Chi which is mentioned, this incorporating the qigong movements for health and because Sun style is safe for people with arthritis and for people as they mature in age.

Best wishes to all
    flower2520paars.gif~c200
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    Thank you Jen. It is something which appeals to me and physios approve as it really can help with balance.

Unfortunately the damage to my shoulders, elbows and hands make those movements impossible now (all fused) but it is therapeutic to watch.

On a visit to Hong Kong some years ago the public parks were full of groups of people of all ages practising their morning Tai Chi exercises.

Hope this is picked up by members and thank you for posting.

xx
  • Jen
    Options
    Hi Mermaid

So sorry your joints have fused. It must have taken much effort to type your comments and so I am very grateful and thankful to you.

My instructor does say when mobility is impossible, to visualise the movement, which is also helpful, like a virtual experience :) I guess just watching the routine over and over will work as well also.

x x
    flower2520paars.gif~c200