Holidays

theresak
theresak Member Posts: 1,998
edited 22. Jun 2015, 14:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just a quick note to say I won't be around from tomorrow, as we are off to Portugal until July 9th. We rent an apartment in a tiny fishing village at the eastern end of the Algarve, where tourists rarely go. We first came here with our children over 30 years ago & little has changed. I have plenty of reading matter, I have my swimming stuff, and hope to just relax. Hubby will go for an early morning walk each day & bring fresh bread back with him.

We may indulge in the wine - purely to help the Portuguese economy, of course.

Hope you all keep as well as you can, & if anyone else is going on holiday, do have a lovely time.

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Have a wonderful time Tess it sounds totally idyllic!! enjoy the reading swimming and of course the Potuguese wine!!! xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,697
    Oooh I'm envious! In the late '60s I had a wonderful month at Lisbon Uni doing a summer course and I then went up north to stay with some friends I'd made there. Lovely country. Lovely people. Have fun, Tezz.
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    We've never been to Lisbon, SW, as it's a fair trek from Santa Luzia. You are right about the people - we've made many friends in the village over the years, all Portuguese, and in some cases, watched their children grow.
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Hope you have a fabulous time, that you get great weather and really get the opportunity to relax.

Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Take care,
    GraceB
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,013
    Hope your having a great holiday I have only been to Lisbon once for a day trip whilst on a Mediterranean cruise a few years back. And I'm looking forward to another cruise this year in July. looking forward to hearing about your hols when you get back.

Who's Online

Kneewrecked
Kneewrecked
Sutton60
Sutton60
+3 Guests