Post op and sore

Options
2»

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Relaxing is a good plan. I do hope you manage the return to work OK but it sounds as if your ankle won't be too happy about it. I guess you can only suck it and see – and maybe be prepared to pull out if it's not working. Do you have exercises to do? (I apologise if you've mentioned this before.) It's just that, for my knee and hip ops, I've found exercise as essential as elevation for keeping the ankle swelling down. I appreciate that, when the problem is the ankle itself, this could be different.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Due to the traffic situation being so horrendous here (please see my post on Chit Chat), my return to work interview was done over the phone yesterday.

I'm mentally ready to go back to work and am getting bored and fidgety sitting around, however, when I go back I intend to take things very easily. I've got a slight adjustment to my working hours so I can leave the office a bit earlier. I've also got my line manager hunting around for something to go under my desk so I can elevate my foot to try and reduce the opportunity for my ankle to swell up.

No exercises to do to my surprise. Just to "try and get the ankle moving gently as soon as I could". That was it!

I intend to enjoy a reasonable lay-in tomorrow. I'll then need to spend a bit of time sorting out my work bag.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Good luck with it all :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright