Metoject

Options
Dizzy
Dizzy Member Posts: 27
edited 16. Jul 2015, 12:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just got my first metoject pens and they say store below 25 degrees...now it's fairly warm so can I put them in the fridge?

If so can they stay in the fridge all the time?

Have had no info from hospital so a bit lost!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry, dizzy, I take my meth in pill form so have no experience of the pens but this is what the Metoject website says “Metoject PEN is stored at room temperature (< 25°C). On hot days above 25°C, please store the pen in the fridge (> 2°C), but let it warm up to room temperature before administration.”
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    That is indeed a very good question, I suspect it's one of those things that the hospitals don't think to advise us on as its not very often it gets very warm here in the UK. I see you have been given good advice by stickywicket directly from their website.

I would keep them in the fridge over summer personally if they can be stored above 2c fine.
  • Sarahd1609
    Sarahd1609 Member Posts: 64
    Options
    I'll be honest I hadn't thought of mine as am being constantly taken off and out back on them. I suppose it depends on room temperature, although I have to say I preferred needle to pen as one hurts more xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Mine has always been stored in a built-in wardrobe which isn't warm, even during a heat wave. So far, so good. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valde
    valde Member Posts: 271
    Options
    Hello
    I am new to these pens as well. Had to come off tablets because of very bad nausea. My nurse told me that they should not be stored in the fridge and I also store mine in the top of the wardrobe in my bedroom which is the coolest room in the house. Also they are out of reach of little peoples inquisitive searches. Hope all goes well. I am only in my 5th week but nausea has eased tremendously as I was given anti sickness tabs and take one each morning just in case.